LG 27GK750F-B - 240Hz, 27" 1ms Blur reduction, Freesync

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
mushi

Re: LG 27GK750F-B - 240Hz, 27" 1ms Blur reduction, Freesync

Post by mushi » 18 Feb 2019, 15:53

one final issue on this monitor is that it doesn't enter into sleep mode. I turn off computer, but the monitor stays on. the osd says "entering sleepmode shortly" or something like that, but it never does. Hours later, it is still turned on (with the computer off). I have to manually turn it off, and everytime i turn on the computer, turn it on. wtf.. any tips? im using displayport.

edit: happened again this morning - forgot to manually turn it off, this morning the monitor was On, with the OSD message "preparing to sleep".... :(

i forgot to say this didn't happen with my previous monitor, same computer, i haven't reinstalled windows.

EDIT2: Doesn't happen anymore. I once had to disconnect the monitors from power outlet, and ever since I turned it on again, never happened again.
Last edited by mushi on 23 Apr 2019, 12:11, edited 3 times in total.

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 19 Feb 2019, 04:54

Hmmm, mine goes asleep fine, it shows "no signal detected, preparing to sleep" and then actually goes asleep with no issues.

addi

Post by addi » 20 Feb 2019, 06:36

I'm using "gsync" with my LG 27GK750F-b.
Runs great, OSD menu even shows the actual refresh rate in real time.

In Forza Horizon 4 it will double or tripple the refresh rate of the actualy frames.
So at 80 FPS it is showing 160 Hz in the Menu.

Works great. Also i resolved the issue with the "lag" or "frameskipping" / "stutter" or how you wanna call it.

For some reason my music player (Tidal) was the issue, no fucking idea why it does that tho.

monkeydig

Post by monkeydig » 26 Feb 2019, 17:54

Hi there. Ok, a lot has been written here, for me as a beginner there is a lot of incomprehensible. I have simple questions for the owners of this monitor. And yes, it’s not very correct to ask such questions, but I still ask - are you satisfied with this monitor? Are you ready to recommend this monitor for purchase? There are not so many 240hz monitors on the market. In your opinion, where is this monitor in the overall rating?
Understand me correctly, I do not ask for reasonable, technically detailed answers. I am interested in your subjective opinion.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 27 Feb 2019, 04:27

monkeydig wrote:Hi there. Ok, a lot has been written here, for me as a beginner there is a lot of incomprehensible. I have simple questions for the owners of this monitor. And yes, it’s not very correct to ask such questions, but I still ask - are you satisfied with this monitor? Are you ready to recommend this monitor for purchase? There are not so many 240hz monitors on the market. In your opinion, where is this monitor in the overall rating?
Understand me correctly, I do not ask for reasonable, technically detailed answers. I am interested in your subjective opinion.
I owned this monitor, along with many others (see my signature) and I didn't like how moving images looked on it... other monitors like the XL2740, XL2540 and AW2518HF were noticeably better in my opinion...
and not only that, they also felt more responsive.

A couple of people like this monitor here, saying it's good value (I could have gotten it for just 200eur new as well), but I'm inclined to say it's not...as I wouldn't be hitting shots on it, which I would otherwise do.
If for someone, this is the first 240hz monitor they try, they will be impressed...but that's the merit of 240hz itself, not this monitor.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

shekel

Post by shekel » 27 Feb 2019, 15:54

Anyone found a way to get rid of the "Out of range" message? I can set it to 267Hz without playing around with CRU.

sdx

Post by sdx » 28 Feb 2019, 17:58

I have to say I ended up returning this monitor because it had a very noticeable frame-skipping bug. I tried the custom res fix but it would still randomly get the bug when I would restart the pc.

I now have the Alienware 25" 240hz which is just as good if not better (I don't use ULMB) and without the frame-skipping.

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 01 Mar 2019, 07:36

TFTCentral tested other LG newer monitor.
And it has a firmware update through the OnScreen control software and its input lag results are way better with new firmware. Gonna check if 27GK750F-B may receive the same kind of an update http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_ ... m#firmware
Maybe they finally will fix that stuttering/frameskipping issue it has at defaults.
shekel wrote:Anyone found a way to get rid of the "Out of range" message? I can set it to 267Hz without playing around with CRU.
In short: no
I can even run it at 280Hz but Out of range always pops on, no matter what. Also it looks like it frameskips at 241Hz and higher.

mushi

Post by mushi » 01 Mar 2019, 10:52

k2viper wrote:TFTCentral tested other LG newer monitor.
And it has a firmware update through the OnScreen control software and its input lag results are way better with new firmware. Gonna check if 27GK750F-B may receive the same kind of an update http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_ ... m#firmware
Maybe they finally will fix that stuttering/frameskipping issue it has at defaults.
hm. regarding the possibility of upgrading the firmware, isn't it weird that many ppl here have different firmware versions, but LG's tool OnScreen Control doesn't say anything about upgrades? Or in my case, which have a very old firmware, shouldn't OnScreen Control notify me about the upgrades?
i'm not very confident that a firmware update is going to be released for this monitor..

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 02 Mar 2019, 06:43

A user-friendly firmware update would be great news!
LG could redeem themselves by doing what other manufacturers don't.
(Which is a real shame btw...having to order and send back, let's say a Benq monitor from 5 different shops, just so you could get one with the latest firmware is a huge hassle, because shops won't tell you what it has, or they will falsely claim that it has the latest version... Plus most of the time all the shops in my country have samples from the same batch.
Not to mention that if you find a good used deal for a monitor, chances are it has the older FW.
...and I'm not going to go thru the complicated and risky process of upgrading it myself.
Monitor FW updates should be as easy as MOBO BIOS ones.)
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.