Hello from ASUS [official rep]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nimbulan

Re: Hello from ASUS [official rep]

Post by nimbulan » 12 Mar 2014, 14:40

SS4 wrote:2: Did Nvidia ever thought of allowing user to set an option for desired FPS ingame through Nvidia experience optimizer so it would tweak the setting to reach that FPS mark. That would help a lot of ppl unfamiliar with video settings to achieve higher framerate needed for competitive gaming and things like backlight strobing
That is something I think would be a great improvement, though I doubt Asus has any influence with nVidia for that particular feature. I generally find that GeForce Experience's framerate target is too low for my taste, especially with a high refresh rate monitor. I've also tried AMD's Gaming Evolved app (which contrary to what it says will optimize for nVidia cards.) It has adjustable settings but I only seem to have a choice between settings that are too high, too low, or way too low. I'm sure the accuracy of the settings will improve over time though.

SS4

Post by SS4 » 12 Mar 2014, 16:18

I just asked question 2 coz iirc the asus rep mentioned nvidia experience in one of its post which made me think of this :P

orik

Post by orik » 12 Mar 2014, 16:49

Hey ASUS care to shed any light on the ROG SWIFT GSYNC delay?

:)

boniek

Post by boniek » 13 Mar 2014, 13:38

It would be nice to have low blue light option on all new monitors by default (not as a software, like f.lux, but as a hardware solution). Supposedly it makes reading easier and that is what most of us are doing mostly on our computers.
i7 3770
16 GB RAM
GTX 670 2GB
ROG SWIFT PG278Q

DICKTracy

Post by DICKTracy » 18 Mar 2014, 13:40

Hi, I created a post asking about getting perfect 1:4 upscaling on a monitor and was recommended to put the question in this thread, hopefully you might be able to provide some insight :)

Here is the question:
Essentially I'm planning to get the ASUS ROG SWIFT when it comes out (unless someone else comes out with something better around the same time, but I don't see that happening). I was thinking about trying to game at 720p on it because of the perfect 1:4 pixel mapping. However, I managed to to get a hold of a 1440p monitor and try running CS:GO at 720p on it, but it didn't look nearly as crisp as I thought it would look, in fact it seemed noticeably blurry. I figured that the resolution wasn't getting scaled as I thought it would by the monitor (apple 27 inch in work).

I was wondering if there has been any word as to whether the SWIFT will have any such feature quite common for gamers to do this in online gaming, and the fact that the SWIFT is geared at gamers (ROG)...

Or does anyone know of any monitors that currently perform this perfect 1:4 scaling?

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 19 Mar 2014, 12:38

Hey JJ I know you can't stop by on a daily basis but by my count it's been over 2 wks...

Would love to know the answer to my question and to several other good ones posted above

Sent from dumbphone (pls excuse typos and dumbness)

KILLI

Post by KILLI » 20 Mar 2014, 15:47

Hoping that the posts will get read by Asus someday, my wishes for an ideal (LCD-based) gaming monitor would be as follows:

* Deep blacks - there is no way around VA-panels
* High contrast ration - again, this only leaves VA-panels
* Rich colours - guess what: VA panel
* Techniques against motion blur (backlight strobing)
* Think of people not playing first-person-shooters for their living! Think of people wanting to enjoy interactive-movie-style games like Crysis with the best quality possible!

Keep selling your ultra-mega-hyper-fast TN-panels, if you wish up to 65" and over. But think of gamers wanting to enjoy their games when played late at night, in darkened rooms, with deep blacks, rich colours, little motion blur and with acceptable input latency.
For a lot of people it does not matter whether a monitor has 3, 5, or 8ms latency, once the picture quality does render them speechless.
Only a minority out there are pro-gamers who absolutely need the fastest of the fast because they have to earn their living. Not everyone needs a racing car that makes 0-60 in 2 seconds but can only accomodate 1-2 persons without luggage and only over the next 100 miles before needing to refuel and passengers in urgent need for a break because their intervertebral discs are squeezed together as a result of the "performance suspension".
So please (also) do an Aston Martin, in addition to the already available Lotus. I hope you get the analogy... ;)

Please feel free to quote me! Spread the word if you have the same opinion on the current monitor situation. Someday, we will be heard and can finally abandon our CRTs...

Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2014, 16:35

I'm going to ping ASUS to get them to read the wonderful feedback in this thread.
Thanks for the civility in this thread & giving ASUS some good ideas!

P.S. There are several reports that all GSYNC monitors are delayed (not just ROG PG278Q).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DICKTracy

Post by DICKTracy » 20 Mar 2014, 16:59

Chief Blur Buster wrote:P.S. There are several reports that all GSYNC monitors are delayed (not just ROG PG278Q).
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'(

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 20 Mar 2014, 17:04

KILLI wrote:Hoping that the posts will get read by Asus someday, my wishes for an ideal (LCD-based) gaming monitor would be as follows:

* Deep blacks - there is no way around VA-panels
* High contrast ration - again, this only leaves VA-panels
* Rich colours - guess what: VA panel
* Techniques against motion blur (backlight strobing)
* Think of people not playing first-person-shooters for their living! Think of people wanting to enjoy interactive-movie-style games like Crysis with the best quality possible!
I would love to see a VA panel 120+Hz monitor with G-Sync. Hopefully in a few years those will be a reality and no longer ludicrously expensive. Perhaps by then we will have a better panel type.