Acer XB252Q

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ashi

Re: Acer XB252Q

Post by ashi » 03 Feb 2018, 22:05

lexlazootin wrote:
ashi wrote:So I just did some more testing and it only seems to be happening with gsync enabled, there is a very noticeable dark line forming on edges. Disable gsync and it disappears completely.

edit : So maybe this is ghosting? Seems they are some setting I may be able to change to eliminate it, will report back
Not a single person has brought up Overdrive yet?? Go into your OSD and make sure in the "Gaming" section that "OD" is set to normal. This should be the best option. You can test the settings here vvv Double check that this is the type of blur you are talking about because a lot of people mean different things when they say "Blur"

https://testufo.com/ghosting

I have the same monitor and it's interesting that you said G-Sync maybe has different Over-drive when G-Sync is off, i personally haven't noticed it but ill have to check it out. I pretty much only use my monitor in G-Sync mode. Is there anything specific you can tell me to back up this claim? Anything specific you noticed?

Asus/Acer/AOC 240hz are all pretty identical. They have near identical OSD options and they look all the same.
You are my hero, thank you. this is perfect.

The lines i was seeing just seemed smaller without gsync and it was kind of inconsistent, wouldn't say there was a 100% correlation, more likely just desperate me hoping to see a difference, thank you so much for your help.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Acer XB252Q

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Feb 2018, 01:03

Yes, try tweaking your Overdrive.

See LCD Motion Artifacts and also LCD Overdrive Artifacts for images of some common artifacts found on panels. Also, variable refresh rates can amplify overdrive artifacts, but NVIDIA does try to do a good job at calibrating overdrive -- that said, the humongous VRR range (30Hz thru 240Hz) can make things challenging. This will no doubt improve in future 240Hz displays.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!