Weird Blur With Acer GN246HLB

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Weird Blur With Acer GN246HLB

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Feb 2018, 18:13

BigHungryChicken wrote:I've done this and it fixed the blur however the screen has gone slightly purple how can I fix this?
How purple is it currently?

There is a very old LightBoost FAQ (2012, 2013) here, which also explains how to fix the purple color. Read the section "My color is too purple!". Essentially, the key part of the LightBoost FAQ has a partial fix for the purple color:

1. First, lower your monitor’s Contrast until the purple disappears.
e.g. BENQ XL2411T and ASUS VG248QE looks less purple at a Contrast of “45”.

2. Use These nVidia Control Panel Settings
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Brightness = 52%
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Contrast = 45%
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Gamma = 0.70
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BigHungryChicken

Post by BigHungryChicken » 27 May 2018, 11:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
BigHungryChicken wrote:I've done this and it fixed the blur however the screen has gone slightly purple how can I fix this?
How purple is it currently?

There is a very old LightBoost FAQ (2012, 2013) here, which also explains how to fix the purple color. Read the section "My color is too purple!". Essentially, the key part of the LightBoost FAQ has a partial fix for the purple color:

1. First, lower your monitor’s Contrast until the purple disappears.
e.g. BENQ XL2411T and ASUS VG248QE looks less purple at a Contrast of “45”.

2. Use These nVidia Control Panel Settings
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Brightness = 52%
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Contrast = 45%
nVidia Control Panel Desktop Gamma = 0.70
Hi sorry for bringing this forum back after so long but I have been noticing that the blur isn't completely gone as it looks like there is 2 of everything that moves however the weird white blur as I said before has gone

Thank you in advanced
Luke

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 May 2018, 01:46

Make sure frame rate is 120 frames per second.

Because 60fps at 120Hz will have double images.

Try to keep framerates matching refresh rates when using LightBoost (or ULMB or any blur reduction tech)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BigHungryChicken

Post by BigHungryChicken » 29 May 2018, 04:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Make sure frame rate is 120 frames per second.

Because 60fps at 120Hz will have double images.

Try to keep framerates matching refresh rates when using LightBoost (or ULMB or any blur reduction tech)
I have made sure that I run games at 120 fps but it doesn't solve the issue and the blur is on youtube videos and Netflix as well so how do I stop the blur there?