Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
User avatar
A Solid lad
Posts: 246
Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 08:07
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by A Solid lad » 06 Mar 2018, 13:23

Here's the video review I've mentioned:

phpBB [video]
Discord Server | Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel
Steam Profile with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

User avatar
A Solid lad
Posts: 246
Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 08:07
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by A Solid lad » 29 Mar 2018, 13:48

Some more relevant stuff about this monitor:

https://youtu.be/9VbVWY1-FPc
Discord Server | Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel
Steam Profile with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

giubox360
Posts: 24
Joined: 15 Mar 2018, 11:18

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by giubox360 » 29 Mar 2018, 16:35

A Solid lad wrote:Some more relevant stuff about this monitor:

https://youtu.be/9VbVWY1-FPc
Apart from the DPC latency little difference, ( I still to understand if it's really a problem or not)
I would like to understand why don't you like the LG 240 hz? from your videos, it seems better on Faster mode both with or without MBR,

xXxDieselxXx
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Feb 2019, 08:36

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by xXxDieselxXx » 08 Feb 2019, 08:49

@A Solid lad, I just registered to Thank You about this thread and the YouTube videos.

I ordered the AW2518Hf monitor and should be arriving today.

Would you be able to share your latest monitor settings. It seems you do have the same picture taste I have :mrgreen:

If the settings are the same as the video then don't worry about it.

Also if you have some initial settings tips you could share would be great. Do I need to worry about downloading drivers for this? I'm looking at this page https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en ... hf/drivers just not sure if bloadware.

Also HDMI or DP cable to reach maximum performance? I have an RTX 2080 GPU.

Thanks in Advance!

User avatar
A Solid lad
Posts: 246
Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 08:07
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by A Solid lad » 15 Feb 2019, 05:48

giubox360 wrote:
A Solid lad wrote:Some more relevant stuff about this monitor:

https://youtu.be/9VbVWY1-FPc
Apart from the DPC latency little difference, ( I still to understand if it's really a problem or not)
I would like to understand why don't you like the LG 240 hz? from your videos, it seems better on Faster mode both with or without MBR,
Oh man, sorry for the very late response... the LG looked great on the UFO test, but ingame (CS:S, CS:GO, BF1, BF3) motion looked more smeary on it, compared to the aw2518hf or xl2740 for two examples.
It also felt more sluggish than either monitor... my gut feelings later turned out to be correct, as the LG did indeed have a relatively high input lag, as maesured by tftcentral.
Discord Server | Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel
Steam Profile with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

User avatar
A Solid lad
Posts: 246
Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 08:07
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Alienware 25 (AW2518Hf, Freesync version)

Post by A Solid lad » 15 Feb 2019, 06:03

xXxDieselxXx wrote:@A Solid lad, I just registered to Thank You about this thread and the YouTube videos.

I ordered the AW2518Hf monitor and should be arriving today.

Would you be able to share your latest monitor settings. It seems you do have the same picture taste I have :mrgreen:

If the settings are the same as the video then don't worry about it.

Also if you have some initial settings tips you could share would be great. Do I need to worry about downloading drivers for this? I'm looking at this page https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en ... hf/drivers just not sure if bloadware.

Also HDMI or DP cable to reach maximum performance? I have an RTX 2080 GPU.

Thanks in Advance!
Hey! I'm really glad I was able to help!

I've used the same settings as in the video, until I've sent the monitor back (I wanted a 27" monitor at the time.)
The drivers are just bloat :D you don't need them.
I've used the HDMI cable that the monitor came with, and it worked really well with that!
Discord Server | Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel
Steam Profile with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Post Reply