Looking for the best 1080p monitor for gaming?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Looking for the best 1080p monitor for gaming?

Post by RealNC » 19 Mar 2018, 06:28

lexebidar wrote:That's true. Sadly all 1080p gsync montiors are 240hz and what comes with that is some blb troubles and so on. Or maybe that just comes with all monitors these days. Pg248Q is only 1080p 144hz gsync moniotr worth a look but it's old and even odler looking
I wouldn't care too much about how old the monitor is. My 60Hz Samsung TN monitor from 2009 has image quality that is as good as modern monitors, for example. For gsync, if it's 2016 or later, it should be fine (some older gsync modules prior to 2016 seem to have flicker issues.)

In general, other than refresh rates, TN panels seem to not have advanced AT ALL in the last decade. They look exactly like they did 10 years ago. Actually they seem to have gotten worse, even...
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.