Which monitor for platform games?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
rasseru

Which monitor for platform games?

Post by rasseru » 01 Apr 2018, 11:09

I want a new monitor, I play a lot of casual games and my current monitors are literally spoiling my fun with them. I just want to see the beautiful graphics as a solid thing, not a phasey double imaged mess.

I dont have any experience with any of the high hz or ULMB or Gsync or anything. I use Nvidia cards. I would like decent colour and blacks if possible, but the most important thing is getting a solid moving image, what good are decent colours if I cant even focus on the graphics when in motion...

Unfortunately I dont quite know at what hz the solidity of the image starts for me. Can this be achieved with IPS? or are there TN panels which have decent colours? 100% colourspace would be ideal, not sure if possible.

What would you recommend for now, or are there any on the horizon that look to be good?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Which monitor for platform games?

Post by RealNC » 01 Apr 2018, 11:27

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.