How do I enable 60hz ULMB?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: How do I enable 60hz ULMB?

Post by RealNC » 09 Apr 2018, 16:24

To me it looks like you did not modify the existing 60Hz resolution but you added a new one? That would be the problem.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

rasseru

Post by rasseru » 09 Apr 2018, 19:19

not really sure - (im a bit in the dark with CRU and how it exactly worked) i think I didnt have a 60hz mode - one of the reasons I asked for an .inf was because I thought windows, saying it was a generic pnp monitor might not have had all the modes. I only had from 85hz-165hz, so, i did add one?

Also i've now got a 24hz mode for some reason (not sure what I was doing to add one of those, but its there now)

Anyway, it works, thankyou so much everyone. I have been playing super light drifter for the first time properly for over an hour because i dont lose interest due to just watching blur. This has really opened up my library fully for all my indie games, which I love but couldnt really play

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 09 Apr 2018, 21:18

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
rasseru wrote:AHA! You legend. it worked! :lol: :D :mrgreen:

amazing,. Just booted Hyper light drifter and its solid. Bayonetta, solid, everythign 60hz, solid as a rock.
Time to update the ULMB 60 Hz Hack article to make a fix to one section (the 59-vs-60 issue).

Thank you masterotaku -- I am sending you a PM.
Master Chief!

You really should consider getting a new monitor for Masterotaku due to all his work on the forums here
He's found out so much, and I don't think he's gotten the credit he deserves for his work.l
The 1500/1502 tweak, ULMB+Gsync at the same time, 60hz ULMB (not sure if he found this himself though, if someone else did they both deserve monitors!).

I really wish Chief got more recognition. People have sent TFTcentral so many monitors to test and review but our Chief is usually left out :(

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 10 Apr 2018, 04:21

Chief doesn't hasn't really done any reviews yet, He need to do some reviews or something before he can get monitors :P @Chief Didn't you say you were going to do a 240hz monitor comparison?

I found the 60hz ULMB ages ago but i didn't really have a use for it. I think i told someone how to activate it in a post or something in one of my G-Sync OC threads?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Apr 2018, 14:17

Already received a few 240Hz monitors. Keep tuned.

I will begin a series of reviews this year, but are waiting on several pre-requisites first (it is a surprise...)

No gifts needed and I am waiting on asking manufacturers for samples/loaners until I can finish pre-requisites for the new testing workflow. No sense in me asking before the test workflow is ready. I am highly bottlenecked right now, so here's how you can help:

It is simply an issue of limited resources on high priority tasks, many behind the scenes. This month, I am more concerned about looking for freelance writers so I can focus more on other aspects of BlurBusters -- inquire within [email protected] if you can write short easy news posts (like http://www.blurbusters.com cover page) or long advanced articles similiar to http://www.blurbusters.com/category/inputlag -- I reimburse per article, to experienced writers even if you write in Microsoft Word with diagrammed graphics. I convert to website format. Whether once, as a single big one-time article. Or regular like ten small news-posts a month. Or in-between. In shoty: Blur Busters need freelance writers.

This frees up my important time to do important display tests, inventions, more advanced stuff, etc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!