need a hero to fix my 2 years stuttering lag issue

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
mello

Re: need a hero to fix my 2 years stuttering lag issue

Post by mello » 18 Apr 2018, 07:14

Bluffergod wrote: I think I have a CPU bottleneck..
Use lowest graphic settings and lower resultion and see it you have still lag / stutter. For csgo limit fps to 128 (fpsmax 128).
Play like that for a few days, and if you still have lag / stutter it is not because of your PC/hardware or settings that you are using.
Bluffergod wrote: The lag differs depending on what settings im on or nviida settings
Might be a placebo, simply because when you have networking issues the inet performance fluctuates all the time, sometimes online gaming is noticeably worse and sometimes it feels better or much better.
Bluffergod wrote: Altho I have 400 fps on csgo, the lag is small there but still experience stuttering .1 sec whenever im in action
Lag / stutter in action is a dead giveaway for networking issue. And especially when you have zero problems with your fps.
Bluffergod wrote: And no the pc is 1000% clean, I went to a shop and they cleaned it like a month ago when I changed my GPU
No dust, Reinstalled windows yesterday, fresh install, Got all updated drivers, All the temperatures are amazing
You shouldn't have any problems with running csgo, even on your older pc (whatever it was). And if the same thing was happening on your older PC and still happens on your new PC (and sometimes it gets worse) then the problem is not on your side.
Bluffergod wrote: Its not internet im pretty sure, past 2 weeks its gotten worse but it has to do with lag
Can you tell me why do think the internet is not the issue here ? Based on what you said, for me it is clearly a network congestion issue. What you experience is network performance fluctuations, this is why your problem (lag / stutter) fluctuates, sometimes it feels better and sometimes it feels worse. You run your PC on default, without overclocking and you even said it yourself "offline vs bots on csgo = 0 lag", this alone should make you thinking of what the real issue is. You also mentioned that in the past you never had this issue, it started happening recently within last 2 years.

Here is another thing you could try. Take your PC for a weekend (1-2 days) to one of your friends house and see if the problem is still there. Preferably, your friend should live in another part of your city, have different ISP, different internet speed, and no similar problems like you are describing and experiencing.

mello

Post by mello » 19 Apr 2018, 04:21

I forgot one important factor when it comes to stutter and i just checked that your CPU i5-6600K is 4/4 (cores/threads). While 4/4 is not bad by any means, but it can still cause problems like stutter in certain usage situations. What situations ? Background apps, so everything that is running in the background while you are gaming. If you just play a game, and no other external programs are running in the background (anything that might use CPU and/or RAM extensively) then this should be of no concern in your situation. But if you do a lot of different things on your PC, and you play on at the same time without closing everything then you might experience stutter in games. The solution for that is to get hyper-threaded processor, at least 4/8, but with Ryzen on the market you can go even for 8/16.

Use Process Explorer to see what apps are running on your PC and how much CPU/RAM they are using:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s-explorer

Bonus tip:

Although, it is highly unlikely, but you should check if your RAM is running in dual-channel mode (and what actual RAM clocks are).
You can do that with HWiNFO (portable, no installation needed) - https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/hwinfo-portable

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2018, 20:24

It's so easy to get tripped up by placebos and wild goose chases (as many would say) but there are also so many mudane causes of lag everywhere in a system (even as simple as a game update). So I can't blame ya for being concerned about things.

Often, it's a game update that breaks things and sometimes we're powerless to do anything about those kinds of things (except usually as a community voice), especially for mandatory game updates. A game engine maker may have, for example, unwittingly added stutter with specific computer configurations, or as an anti-cheat feature that adds lag, or some other mudane thing. And lots of people are simultaneously complaining about these issues too.

At least you've ruled out most other causes of lag problems.

So if it is, indeedy the game update, we just have to live with it, alas. (Yes, I know. Agh!) It's okay to keep hunting for solutions (including taking an opportunity to have fun at a friend's with a LAN party test, to test a different Internet connection!) but constant troubleshooting is a pain, it can take over life. Especially if we try to do 100 fixes to try to fix an unfixable game engine problem.

So try to enjoy the game (while keeping an eye out for ideas): Your competitors are often having the same problem too anyway. Spend less than 10% of your time troubleshooting to keep sanity! ;) (Unless -- you're getting paid for every millisecond of savings in professional eSports, of course...then ignore my advice like those performance racecar tuners that sometimes spend >90% tuning and <10% actually racing on the track. I couldn't even spend that much percentage!)

Also, you've found a way to overclock your CPU, and it appears to be helping compensate.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mello

Post by mello » 28 Apr 2018, 10:03

Additional tip that only recently came to my attention - https://techwelkin.com/free-ram-memory-space
Basically, download either RAMMap or Process Hacker and empty stanby list and check if you still have stutter.
Do another check, play your games and do other things on your PC you normally do, and after a few hours check how much memory is still in standby mode (while all apps are closed).

mello

Post by mello » 28 Apr 2018, 11:35

One more little tool that might be helpful to your stutter problem.

https://r1ch.net/projects/gameboosthd
GameBoostHD is a tiny application that will watch for various game launches. When a game is detected, GameBoostHD will lower the priority of common background apps that often use CPU. This includes things like game launchers (Battle.Net, Steam, etc) and web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE). The system power profile will also be set to "High Performance" while a game is running. This will hopefully improve performance of the game (increased FPS and fewer stutters) as it won't be competing for timeslices with other processes.

The idea behind this came about when I was playing Overwatch and noticed the Battle.net launcher was using up to 12% of my CPU due to the animated GIFs and javascript and whatever else it was running. Using GameBoostHD won't reduce the CPU usage percent - it only alters the scheduling priority. For example, after running GameBoostHD, the Battle.net launcher will never be allowed to "steal" CPU attention from Overwatch, but if there is spare CPU power it is still allowed to use it.