need a hero to fix my 2 years stuttering lag issue

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Bluffergod

need a hero to fix my 2 years stuttering lag issue

Post by Bluffergod » 11 Apr 2018, 04:34

Internet:
33 mbps download speed
12 mbps upload speed
8 ping ish

PC:
16GB @ 2400mhz ram corsair
i5 6600k (not overlocked)
EVGA GTX 1070 8GB (not overclocked)
3 TB HDD, No SSD
Really good temps on everything!! good airflow and everything
BENQ XL2411Z monitor

This "new pc" is about 1.5 year old now since I bought it.

I have had issue with stuttering for 2 years.

I had an older pc, changed my router thinking it was the problem as the stutter on csgo was constant
It didn't do anything..Bought a new pc and I was still stuttering but not as much as months later.

Then this pc started doing artifacts in PUBG, I recently changed my graphic card and it fixed the problem but still get stuttering and lag so GPU or Router is definatly not the problem

Then my 144hz monitor had a white line on it so I RMA'd it and got a new one.....so the monitor isnt the problem altho its not gsync or vsynch so in pubg under 144fps i know it cause stutters but shouldnt cause stutter on csgo with 250+ fps and never going under 150 fps

I have literally 2.64 of 2.72 tb open space (nothing on my pc at all)
I even have EVERY setting set to very low on every game even 4:3 res on csgo (yes I tried every other settings like high etc or different settings to test)

My temps are around like
CPU 20-23 on youtube
Reach 30 ish max in-games (I have power plan set to 100-100% high performance) i tried balanced 5-100% but didnt change anything and its more laggier cuz fps isnt as constant

GPU is 30 degree on idle
Around 50-60 in PUBG when gaming

CPU usage depending on what is my graphic settings at and other things its like 85% cpu usage ish average / 70-75% gpu usage

I have every tiny tweak you can do to boost performance, including nvidia 3d control panel

But as of like past 2 weeks, im lagging alot more than usual, my disk usage and internet in task manager does big lines sometimes

MONTHS ago when Pubg was super laggy with the servers I had no stutter but I did on CSGO only
Now they fixed all their lag on their servers but im getting crazy stuttering especially when moving my mouse fast

I have no clue what to do, im not an expert lol
But with the infos I gave I think a pro could help me find my problem

Its not the monitor 100% / GPU / Router (dont think the router is the problem, its 2 years old new and had same thing on my older router)

I even tried a different ethernet cable / monitor cable

There is not one game where im not lagging for past 2 years or more
Note: I had that internet speed and download speed for like past 10 years

Bluffergod

Re: need a hero to fix my 2 years stuttering lag issue

Post by Bluffergod » 11 Apr 2018, 04:40

I do want to mention that I get stuttering and I do also get fps drops / normal lag

My fps in some big city like San martin mainly...When I drop from plane ill go from 144fps to 65 for a few seconds then go back to 120 ish
Most of the games though in normal scenario ill drop from 135-144 to 90-95 and ill feel the lag a little
but if my fps at 144 sometime ill get a stutter feel and my fps isnt even moving (140-144)

ON csgo i have over 250 fps. the fps isnt constant but i dont really feel "lag" its more like stuttering, probably dont feel the lag cuz of my high fps though im not sure

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 11 Apr 2018, 05:06

>i know it cause stutters but shouldnt cause stutter on csgo with 250+ fps and never going under 150 fps

Yea, it doesn't work like that and it's a pretty common misconception, unless your FPS is perfectly synced with your refreshrate you are going to get stuttering and tearing which is pretty much the main cause of... stuttering and tearing

G-Sync/Freesync is definitely the best method.

You can try and declutter you system by disable all startups in Taskmanager and turning off non-microsoft services in msconfig imgur.com/JMGwusi.png You don't NEED any of these running and they will simply launch when you want them to.

>sometime ill get a stutter feel and my fps isnt even moving (140-144)

FPS is a average of frames per second. to see the problem you would need to look at frame times, you can use cl_showfps 2 to see them but you quick eye balls :P

Bluffergod

Post by Bluffergod » 11 Apr 2018, 08:24

lexlazootin wrote:>i know it cause stutters but shouldnt cause stutter on csgo with 250+ fps and never going under 150 fps

Yea, it doesn't work like that and it's a pretty common misconception, unless your FPS is perfectly synced with your refreshrate you are going to get stuttering and tearing which is pretty much the main cause of... stuttering and tearing

G-Sync/Freesync is definitely the best method.

You can try and declutter you system by disable all startups in Taskmanager and turning off non-microsoft services in msconfig imgur.com/JMGwusi.png You don't NEED any of these running and they will simply launch when you want them to.

>sometime ill get a stutter feel and my fps isnt even moving (140-144)

FPS is a average of frames per second. to see the problem you would need to look at frame times, you can use cl_showfps 2 to see them but you quick eye balls :P
Not true, in 2015 when I bought my 144hz monitor, for about 3 months I had ZERO stuttering even when going under 144 fps on csgo often on my old pc (would get 110-230 fps)

On csgo I can type fps max 200, my fps wont even dip below 195 and i will still get .1 sec stutters

I can even try and put vsynch on and i will still get stuttering not dipping under 144
its not even lag, its .1 tiny stutters that are super annoying

in pubg i am getting crazy lag and frame drops now since a week...didnt have that months ago
and it stutters too

I think something in my pc is definatly broken but I think like something like my modem could be the problem of the tiny stutters

my modem is pretty old i think but its like the only thing between my monitor, pc, router, cable that hasnt been changed since it started

could it? theres never ever a game where it doesnt stutter....constant every game
if i go offline vs bots on csg = 0 lag

on csgo sometimes with net_graph 1 open, my sv_ goes orange not sure if that has to do with internet, heard so

and yea i have nothing in my start up manager bro, theres like nothing on my pc...and i already disabled bunch of undeeded services months ago to see if it would help my problem

mello

Post by mello » 11 Apr 2018, 09:04

Bluffergod wrote: if i go offline vs bots on csg = 0 lag
lexlazootin will not like my answer, but @Bluffergod, you are most likely affected by network congestion and network performance fluctuations.

If you have some time, please read all my posts in these threads:

1) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3536
2) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3641
3) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3617
4) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3630
5) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3898

There are a lot of useful posts there that might help you understand and maybe positively identify the issue.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 11 Apr 2018, 11:38

>in pubg i am getting crazy lag and frame drops now since a week...didnt have that months ago
and it stutters too

PubG is made pretty poorly, having problems with Pubg is like having problems with a half made car you bought. Everyone has issues with it.

Do you have any footage you can show of the issue? Is it netlag or frame drops?

mello

Post by mello » 12 Apr 2018, 03:01

May i add a side suggestion, not really related to your main issue ? You should buy an SSD ASAP and use it for system drive and put your games there. SSD is literally life changing when it comes to overall computer usage and a huge time saver. In some cases it may also help or fix stuttering issues, but not really the ones you are describing, but still its a worth investment (a must IMO).
Bluffergod wrote: I have every tiny tweak you can do to boost performance, including nvidia 3d control panel
In this time and age, bios/system/game/nic tweaks are completely useless (as far as online gaming is concerned / most of them never worked in the first place), and you should use default settings most of the time. The only tweaks that are useful are the ones that will actually increase your fps.
Bluffergod wrote: But as of like past 2 weeks, im lagging alot more than usual, my disk usage and internet in task manager does big lines sometimes
There is not one game where im not lagging for past 2 years or more
Note: I had that internet speed and download speed for like past 10 years
if i go offline vs bots on csg = 0 lag
Still, for me, what you said here pretty much confirms that what you are experiencing is nothing else but network congestion and network performance fluctuations. There are some ways you can confirm it 100% (just read threads i have linked and my posts/responses there). What you also should know is that your internet speed may have been the same on paper for 10 years, but what changed in these last 10 years is the number of people that have been connected to and using internet (in your area and in your city). Basically, more and more people have been using internet each and every year, using more and more internet capable devices, and this might have created a problem in your area known as network congestion.

open

Post by open » 17 Apr 2018, 12:39

There are alot of things this could be. It could be your cpu throttling if it is getting to hot and or using too much power. Get hwinfo and check cpu clocks and temps when playing. It could be due to dpc lateny. Get latency mon and look for anything with 0.5ms or longer execution time. It could be micro stutters due to frame rate and refresh rate mismatch. Try lowering graphics settings to see if a higher framerate helps. Find out if you are gpu or cpu limited by downloading gpuz and checking gpu usage. If your usage is 90% or higher you are likely gpu limited. If not then you are likely cpu limited. It could be a memory thing. Its not likely in csgo but if it is a memory thing then latency mon may show excessive page flipping times. It could be assets loading in durring a game. It may be background software running on your system. You can try to disable programs that look extraneous in the list of startup programs and services and see if that helps. Start by looking at things that might be updating or working in the background. Exmples are razer synapse, steam if you are using non steam games, b.net if you are using non b.net games. Could even be windows update. Widows update can be tricky to turn off with windows 10 but it is possible. I do it with the policy editor and only enable it when i want to download an update. Game mode can be a great way to test if it is background software. Durring game mode on, bckground software shound cause much less problems. However game modes implementation is crap on the latest windows build and is a pain to use in fullscreen exclusive games. Some games dont even work with game mode. Looked like a great feature to start with but implementation and microsofts usuall bullshit got in the way. Dont even get me started about fucking game mode man.

Anyways look into these first.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2018, 14:08

While it could be practically anything (poor netcode, engine, drivers, OS, whatever) -- good point about heat throttling -- it's a stone that should not be left unturned.

A system that gets full of dirt (clogged GPU & CPU fans) can also cause overheating-related throttling, especially potentially made worse by the computer being next to a dusty heating vent during the winter. An unexpected coincidence of bad situations (heat and dust). Get a can of compressed air and blow that gunk out of your gaming machine -- an annual "spring cleaning" for your computer (if you're in the northern hemisphere, of course).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Bluffergod

Post by Bluffergod » 17 Apr 2018, 21:32

Chief Blur Buster wrote:While it could be practically anything (poor netcode, engine, drivers, OS, whatever) -- good point about heat throttling -- it's a stone that should not be left unturned.

A system that gets full of dirt (clogged GPU & CPU fans) can also cause overheating-related throttling, especially potentially made worse by the computer being next to a dusty heating vent during the winter. An unexpected coincidence of bad situations (heat and dust). Get a can of compressed air and blow that gunk out of your gaming machine -- an annual "spring cleaning" for your computer (if you're in the northern hemisphere, of course).
Its not internet im pretty sure, past 2 weeks its gotten worse but it has to do with lag

I think I have a CPU bottleneck..
The lag differs depending on what settings im on or nviida settings

PUBG all on very low = approx 80-100% average 91 ish cpu usage and around 65% gpu usage
All on ultra = around 90-100% both cpu and gpu

Altho I have 400 fps on csgo, the lag is small there but still experience stuttering .1 sec whenever im in action

And no the pc is 1000% clean, I went to a shop and they cleaned it like a month ago when I changed my GPU
No dust

Reinstalled windows yesterday, fresh install
Got all updated drivers

All the temperatures are amazing

16GB RAM @ 2400mhz
3.57 ghz i5 6600k (refer to my other thread) doesnt run higher..
gtx 1070