Best monitor for my needs/use

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
principalflash

Best monitor for my needs/use

Post by principalflash » 01 May 2018, 09:34

Hello.

I have been looking at monitors for the past week or so and as the title states, I am in need of some help.

I have been looking at some of the 240hz monitors like the Asus PG258Q and the Acer XB252Q .

I mostly play Overwatch, CS:GO and League of Legends. I have read some articles that don't recommend TN panels for The Witcher and other games like that but they recommend TN for fps shooters. What are your opinions? I have a gtx 1080 Ti with a AMD 1950X. If I missed any important points just ask.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best monitor for my needs/use

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 May 2018, 15:09

What's your current monitor? It can help to understand if you are already used to TN.

If you're currently using IPS and VA and concerned about downgrading in certain attributes such as viewing angles and color quality, the 1440p 165Hz IPS panels can be very good options too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

principalflash

Re: Best monitor for my needs/use

Post by principalflash » 02 May 2018, 06:16

Chief Blur Buster wrote:What's your current monitor? It can help to understand if you are already used to TN.

If you're currently using IPS and VA and concerned about downgrading in certain attributes such as viewing angles and color quality, the 1440p 165Hz IPS panels can be very good options too.
I currently use a Benq Xl2420Z. It has worked wonders so far but it's getting quite old and there is a line of miscolored pixels, i don't know the exact problem but there is a discoloration in the pixels in that line.