RTSS now has new automatic Low-Lag VSYNC ON (raster based)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: RTSS now has new automatic Low-Lag VSYNC ON (raster base

Post by RealNC » 28 Jun 2018, 07:39

framepacer wrote:We've got scanline sync at refreshrate and at x2 refreshrate now in the gui with beta3. Wonder if it's possible to get x0.5 scanline sync as well?
You'd need to ask Unwinder. It should be rather easy to implement. Basically you'd be asking for "1/N sync". 1/2 on 60Hz would mean you'd get 30FPS.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

framepacer

Post by framepacer » 29 Jun 2018, 04:12

Requested and added!
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss- ... st-5561260

This is going to be so good for console ports and such.

mds83

Post by mds83 » 29 Jun 2018, 09:38

As a user of the gsync/ulmb hack, is it time to "move on" with this new method?

In what ways is this better?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 29 Jun 2018, 11:08

mds83 wrote:As a user of the gsync/ulmb hack, is it time to "move on" with this new method?

In what ways is this better?
It's good for 60Hz ULMB. Maybe 85Hz too. Any higher than that, and the GPU probably can't keep up in SyncFlush=2 mode. But it wouldn't be really needed at higher Hz, since at 100Hz or better, vsync input lag starts getting really low anyway. It's at <85Hz where a low-latency vsync method is needed the most, and that's pretty much exactly what this provides.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 30 Jun 2018, 08:35

Just got back from a few weeks holiday to give this another go, still can't see the indicators! Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
This is actually a fresh install of windows 10 (was using insider before). NV 398.36. Afterburner 4.5.0 and RTSS 7.2.0 beta 3 installed. Benq XL2730Z, 1080 SLI

I'm probably being dumb, but I want to get this to work!

Show own statistics is on, i'm changing these settings on the global profile. Everything is at fresh install defaults.
I don't see the indicators (in fact, I don't even know what I'm looking for. Can anyone screenshot?)
VSYNC forced OFF in NVCP and in game (testing with BF4 test range), in game framerate limit removed. I've tried disabling SLI in case its some render issue, but same problem.
But I do see all the information on the left of the screen regarding the scan lines positions and i can change these using ctrl-shift arrows (shift + arrow alone has no effect)

[OSD]
SyncInfo=1

[Framerate]
Limit=0
SyncFlush=1
SyncHotkeys=1
SyncScanline0=1
SyncScanline1=1
SyncTimeout=0

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 Jun 2018, 09:37

Well, if you see the scanline info in the OSD, it works. What exactly are you actually expecting to see that you don't?

Edit:

SyncScanline1=1 is silly. What are you trying to do? For normal operation, use:

SyncScanline0=-100
SyncScanline1=0

Only set SyncScanline1 to non-0 if you want your FPS to be twice the refresh.

mds83

Post by mds83 » 30 Jun 2018, 12:37

Does RTSS not have predictive frame capping yet?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 Jun 2018, 12:38

mds83 wrote:Does RTSS not have predictive frame capping yet?
Nope.

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 30 Jun 2018, 12:42

Oh maybe I misread something, I was expecting a visual indicator of where the tear line was expected like a line on the screen. oops

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 Jun 2018, 12:45

Bishi wrote:Oh maybe I misread something, I was expecting a visual indicator of where the tear line was expected like a line on the screen. oops
Nope. You just watch the tearline and move it up/down until it disappears from the screen :)