I have a BenQ/Zowie XL2740, and I love it.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
younus1932

Re: I have a BenQ/Zowie XL2740, and I love it.

Post by younus1932 » 01 Sep 2018, 15:49

A Solid lad wrote:
lexlazootin wrote:If you're going to go out of your way to return something because you didn't like it you should do some searching before hand and just buy the good one in the first place :\
That's the thing though... there wasn't nearly enought information about the XL2740 on the internet for me to be able to decide whether I'd want it for real, or not.
And even if there are people posting about a monitor and providing information that might still not be enough... a perfect example of this was the LG 27GK750F for me.
I got really hyped by all the positive things users said about it on this forum and bought it... and it ended up being less responsive than the aw2518hf I've previously tried, good thing I did... otherwise I might have kept the LG and would have eventually regretted it, since I imagine I'd be so upset about not being able to score shots, which I previously did, that I'd put back my old xl2411z into action and would have realised that it feels more responsive, because of the lower signal processing lag.

TL;DR sometimes, you have to test/see things for yourself.
Hey bro, loved your review. I am bascially having the same need. I dont care about color accuary or whatsoever. All I care about is having to game in competitive environment. Would you please mind telling me your ALL your settings for the monitor to play FPS games at competitve level.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 07 Sep 2018, 03:38

younus1932 wrote:
A Solid lad wrote:
lexlazootin wrote:If you're going to go out of your way to return something because you didn't like it you should do some searching before hand and just buy the good one in the first place :\
That's the thing though... there wasn't nearly enought information about the XL2740 on the internet for me to be able to decide whether I'd want it for real, or not.
And even if there are people posting about a monitor and providing information that might still not be enough... a perfect example of this was the LG 27GK750F for me.
I got really hyped by all the positive things users said about it on this forum and bought it... and it ended up being less responsive than the aw2518hf I've previously tried, good thing I did... otherwise I might have kept the LG and would have eventually regretted it, since I imagine I'd be so upset about not being able to score shots, which I previously did, that I'd put back my old xl2411z into action and would have realised that it feels more responsive, because of the lower signal processing lag.

TL;DR sometimes, you have to test/see things for yourself.
Hey bro, loved your review. I am bascially having the same need. I dont care about color accuary or whatsoever. All I care about is having to game in competitive environment. Would you please mind telling me your ALL your settings for the monitor to play FPS games at competitve level.
My gaming settings:
Black Eq - 2
C. Vibrance - 10
L. Blue Light - 0
Instant Mode - On
Preset - Standard
Brightness - 100
Contrast - 50
Sharpness - 7
Gamma - 2
Color Temp. - Normal
AMA - High
D. Contrast - 0
Reset Color - No

Ofc, this all boils down to personal preference.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

zbone

Post by zbone » 07 Oct 2018, 20:21

It seems like XL2740 is out of stock everywhere and sellers clear their xl2546 stocks as well. Apparently, a model refresh is coming soon. Any ideas when and what that could be?

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 08 Oct 2018, 01:16

zbone wrote:It seems like XL2740 is out of stock everywhere and sellers clear their xl2546 stocks as well. Apparently, a model refresh is coming soon. Any ideas when and what that could be?
I expect 240hz 0,5ms models to come out in 2019. And Benq usually is not the first to release, so I wouldnt expect its availability really "soon".

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 09 Oct 2018, 11:01

zbone wrote:It seems like XL2740 is out of stock everywhere and sellers clear their xl2546 stocks as well. Apparently, a model refresh is coming soon. Any ideas when and what that could be?
hmmm....
HMMMMMMM

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 09 Oct 2018, 19:10

If it doesn't have 60hz single strobing support I'm not buying it :/

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 11 Oct 2018, 11:51

Falkentyne wrote:
Thank you for your post about accessing the factory menu on Benq monitors btw,
played around with OD gain on my XL2740.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 12 Oct 2018, 03:42

A Solid lad wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:
Thank you for your post about accessing the factory menu on Benq monitors btw,
played around with OD gain on my XL2740.
You're welcome.

SmoothMotion

Post by SmoothMotion » 17 Oct 2019, 12:23

@A Solid Lad: I see you’ve used both the XL2540 and XL2740. Are they both the same running at 144/120 hz?

I’m now considering the Acer Predator XN253QX as I’ve read multiple reports that this monitor performs better in terms of both input lag and motion blur than the XL2546 at 120/144hz. Now that the XL2746 with DyAc looks like it’s about to be released, I’m wondering if it’s likely to have the same issues with input lag and motion blur at lower refresh rates.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 18 Oct 2019, 13:24

The 46 is ...bad.
The regular 40 is better in terms of both input lag and image clarity, according to someone I trust. (better overdrive tununing as well, not as aggressive)
In my experience, both the 2740, and 2540 are great. (Most responsive and clearest motion presentation monitors I've ever used.)