Monitor 27 [XL2720Z color versus XL2720T color?]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
gopala33

Re: Monitor 27 [XL2720Z color versus XL2720T color?]

Post by gopala33 » 09 Apr 2014, 13:53

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
can u see Picture that u made photo for after photo
top is okey
why below can view double image can view ghosting
center abit can view ghosting abit double image can view
All displays generate some form of motion artifacts one way or another, some worse than others.
There is always strobe crosstalk with almost all the strobe backlight technologies. The best ones make it so faint, that it's visually invisible in regular game play (e.g. below the noise floor of seeing it in regular content). Strobe crosstalk (double-image during 2D motion) is similiar to 3D crosstalk (double-image when viewing 3D), in that refreshes are leaking into the next refresh, from incomplete LCD GtG transitions. In the best cases, they are only very faint (e.g. 1% visible).

This is what happened with Version 1 firmware on Z-Series [test photo] which is much worse (see close-up image). It looks much fainter and better with Version 2 firmware on Z-Series [test photo]. Even though not 100% gone, it is now no longer distracting, and is competitive with other strobe backlight technologies. LightBoost, ULMB, Turbo240, and BENQ Blur Reduction all have varying amounts of faint strobe crosstalk, some of them almost completely undetectable by human eye for the screen center during regular motion material. Other times, there's a lot of strobe crosstalk (double image effect at 120fps@120Hz).

Remember, even without the strobe backlight, all LCD monitors have one form of motion artifact or another, see LCD Motion Artifacts 101 and LCD Overdrive Artifacts, including your existing laptop, existing iPad, and existing LCD computer monitor. Some of them just have blur, others with ghosting too, and others with overdrive artifacts.
how about ASUS VG248QE still double image can be view ???

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Apr 2014, 13:59

gopala33 wrote:how about ASUS VG248QE still double image can be view ???
It has the same kind of strobe crosstalk -- a roughly similar 1%-vs-99% intensity during screen centre. You don't notice that in regular gameplay where in most of the screen, one image is 1% faint and the other image is 99% strong. The double image effect is nothing like 30fps@60Hz CRT (50%-vs-50% intensity). That's the kind of double image effect during motion that gets noticed. I assume you're familiar with 30fps@60Hz double-image effect during motion. During framerate = refreshrate (120fps@120Hz), strobe crosstalk is literally 50 times fainter than that on a calibrated Z-Series.

VG248QE LightBoost versus BENQ Z-Series Blur Reduction V1 -- the Z-series has far more artifacts
VG248QE LightBoost versus BENQ Z-Series Blur Reduction V2 -- they are now roughly equivalent
(after calibration with Strobe Utility)

See high speed video of strobe backlight www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/video/ for a scientific explanation of strobing. Now strobe crosstalk is caused by incomplete GtG transitions that are only 99% finished. Sometimes GtG pixel transitions are only about 99% complete before the next refresh cycle, especially along the bottom edge of the screen, where they've had less time before the strobe backlight flash.

Please read TFTCentral's article. They say most people don't notice.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

gopala33

Post by gopala33 » 09 Apr 2014, 14:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
gopala33 wrote:how about ASUS VG248QE still double image can be view ???
It has the same kind of strobe crosstalk -- a roughly similar 1%-vs-99% intensity during screen centre. You don't notice that in regular gameplay where in most of the screen, one image is 1% faint and the other image is 99% strong. The double image effect is nothing like 30fps@60Hz CRT (50%-vs-50% intensity). That's the kind of double image effect during motion that gets noticed. I assume you're familiar with 30fps@60Hz double-image effect during motion. During framerate = refreshrate (120fps@120Hz), strobe crosstalk is literally 50 times fainter than that on a calibrated Z-Series.

VG248QE LightBoost versus BENQ Z-Series Blur Reduction V1 -- the Z-series has far more artifacts
VG248QE LightBoost versus BENQ Z-Series Blur Reduction V2 -- they are now roughly equivalent
(after calibration with Strobe Utility)

See high speed video of strobe backlight http://www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/video/ for a scientific explanation of strobing. Now strobe crosstalk is caused by incomplete GtG transitions that are only 99% finished. Sometimes GtG pixel transitions are only about 99% complete before the next refresh cycle, especially along the bottom edge of the screen, where they've had less time before the strobe backlight flash.

Please read TFTCentral's article. They say most people don't notice.
now i understand
gameplay wont notice much
so 99% right

ASUS VG248QE Lightboost to get very dark i dont want dark because not enough brighter doing gameplay BF3 OR BF4 gameplay walking not outside like this screenshot

so Benq Z Series Monitor can do more brighter for game play
i dont want dark so much
i need more brighter can be view
if dark hard to see and view to

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Apr 2014, 14:42

gopala33 wrote:now i understand
so 99% right
You can even see it on your existing LightBoost monitor via:
1. Go to www.testufo.com/photo&photo=alien-invasion.png
2. Make sure it's running at 120fps in a supported web browser (www.testufo.com/browser.html)
3. Select "Height"->"Full Screen" in the web page
4. You can now observe strobe crosstalk, worse at the top/bottom edges of the screen.
gopala33 wrote:so Benq Z Series Monitor can do more brighter for game play
i dont want dark so much
If you do the Vertical Total 1350 tweak, you get a lot more brightness at higher "Persistence" values (e.g. 5ms persistence is twice as bright as LightBoost=100%, albiet with slightly more crosstalk).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

gopala33

Post by gopala33 » 09 Apr 2014, 14:49

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
gopala33 wrote:now i understand
so 99% right
You can even see it on your existing LightBoost monitor via:
1. Go to http://www.testufo.com/photo&photo=alien-invasion.png
2. Make sure it's running at 120fps in a supported web browser (http://www.testufo.com/browser.html)
3. Select "Height"->"Full Screen" in the web page
4. You can now observe strobe crosstalk, worse at the top/bottom edges of the screen.
i dont want dark so much
If you do the Vertical Total 1350 tweak, you get a lot more brightness at higher "Persistence" values (e.g. 5ms persistence is twice as bright as LightBoost=100%, albiet with slightly more crosstalk).
i dont have LightBoost monitor
i using CRT 17INCH DELL VERY OLD THAT I PLAN BUY NEW MONITOR

that i asking
so Benq Z Series Monitor can do more brighter for game play
i dont want dark so much

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Apr 2014, 04:24

i dont want dark so much
Its brightness is adjustable.
During motion blur eliminating mode, its brightness is far more adjustable than LightBoost in a motion clarity-versus-brightness tradeoff. As you can see from the screenshot at www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility -- you choose your own specific preference.

gopala33

Post by gopala33 » 14 Apr 2014, 12:02

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
i dont want dark so much
Its brightness is adjustable.
During motion blur eliminating mode, its brightness is far more adjustable than LightBoost in a motion clarity-versus-brightness tradeoff. As you can see from the screenshot at http://www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility -- you choose your own specific preference.
i see screenshot
if adjustable brighter get input lag
i see ms for Clearer Motion set low 1.5ms or 1.0ms to get Dark ????
brighter screen max 5.0ms to get brighter

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2014, 14:53

gopala33 wrote:i see screenshot
The Persistence setting is a personal preference, so you will need to adjust based on your preference and ambient lighting.

Crosstalk only affects input lag.
Persistence (which affects brightness) will not affect input lag.

gopala33

Post by gopala33 » 17 Apr 2014, 23:16

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
gopala33 wrote:i see screenshot
The Persistence setting is a personal preference, so you will need to adjust based on your preference and ambient lighting.

Crosstalk only affects input lag.
Persistence (which affects brightness) will not affect input lag.
ohh if i set high brighter screen max i get blur for ghosting ?
if set Clearer Motion 1.5ms or 1.0ms to get clean not much blur for ghosting

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2014, 10:39

gopala33 wrote:ohh if i set high brighter screen max i get blur for ghosting ?
if set Clearer Motion 1.5ms or 1.0ms to get clean not much blur for ghosting
It is a continuum; a slider setting. It is a user preference. The higher the persistence, the more motion blur. The lower the persistence, the less motion blur. There are no sudden steps between persistence settings.