AOC AG271QX Pixel inversion

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Justforcause

AOC AG271QX Pixel inversion

Post by Justforcause » 10 Jun 2018, 11:49

Hey all,

after taking the pixel inversion test https://testufo.com/inversion#count=3&b ... ity2&ppf=5 the lines are flashing every half a second. Moreover, if Iresize the window the lines change to green color. Is this correct or normal? Or is it for RMA?

Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: AOC AG271QX Pixel inversion

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Jun 2018, 15:44

It flashes every half a second initially because it swaps phases (inserts a duplicate frame).

For the Inversion Tests -- green tints / purple tints are normal for TN panel so unfortunately not RMA material unless it's a "10% worst" TN panel that shows discolorations even in regular Windows use. The Lagom and Techmind links have more info that is also useful reading about LCD inversion (voltage balancing) and LCD inversion artifacts (Side effect of LCD inversion)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Justforcause

Re: AOC AG271QX Pixel inversion

Post by Justforcause » 11 Jun 2018, 02:13

Thanks for answer. I tried this test: Inversion Uniformity, Extended Version. It does not show any tint, it is the same color. What I meant was that If I go from fullscreen to windowed mode and drag the window up and down from the bottom edge the first 2 lines at some point change color to green. If I resize to larger window it goes back to grey. So whether this is alright?