Does 240hz ULMB exist?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Izuru

Does 240hz ULMB exist?

Post by Izuru » 05 Jul 2018, 07:29

Long story short I want a 240hz monitor, as of right now I'm using an Acer XB240H that I've set to 120hz with ULMB enabled.

Ever since I found out about ULMB I just couldn't turn it off since I'd see motion blur whenever moving my cursor around Windows and it bothered me a lot. So I'm wondering if there were any 240hz that have ULMB, I was about to buy the Acer XB252Q but the thing that stopped me from buying it was that on the product information is said that it only supports ULMB at 100hz/120hz/144hz.

Anyways I notice a huge difference with ULMB enabled compared to when its disabled when playing CS:GO and rhythm games. Whenever theres a high motion scene or if I'm bunnyhopping like a retard on CS, the camera panning on the monitor when moving my mouse to strafe is a lot more clearer compared to when ULMB is disabled. Any suggestions on my next monitor purchase or do you guys just recommend me to stick to my current monitor?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Does 240hz ULMB exist?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jul 2018, 09:39

You can get 240hz blur reduction with other brands of blur reduction than ULMB:

- BenQ Xowie XL2540, XL2546, and XL2740
- LG 27GK750-B

However, be aware about the relationship with higher Hz and strobe crosstalk -- http://www.blurbusters.com/crosstalk -- The closer the Hz to the max Hz, the more strobe crosstalk you will generally get. So there's a balancing point. Some monitors do it well enough, and sometimes the crosstalk is not bothersome, but there's a definite tradeoff that goes on.

That's why ULMB is limited to 144Hz on those monitors; in order to keep strobe crosstalk low. On the other hand, some manufacturers unlock the refresh rate for strobing, and let users decide what amount of strobe crosstalk is acceptable.

The list of brand names other than ULMB are listed within Motion Blur Reduction FAQ -- e.g. ELMB, ULMB, DyAc, LightBoost, etc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!