viewsonic xg2703-gs discontinued

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 08 Jul 2018, 21:30

hi

i was looking to replace my monitor for a long time to check which one is the best for me, and i decided to get the viewsonic xg2703-gs, but actually this monitor is not available to buy online from a long time, amazon,newegg, or bandh
and there is a little sellers with overpriced since its not available

if there is any one have an information for this monitor availability date, ill be appreciated to let me know pls.

thanks

ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 13 Jul 2018, 16:50

hey guys

just FYI

the ViewSonic Customer Service confirmed for me thru my email sent to them, the viewsonic xg2703-gs is discontinued :x

i was looking to buy this monitor from a long time but its not available any more, just found some Australian websites selling this monitor with reasonable price.

according to the reviews, this monitor handling the response time very well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgxU3wd1Zc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe_I9b3pVk&t=59s

can we see a micro led gaming monitors soon ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: viewsonic xg2703-gs discontinued

Post by RealNC » 13 Jul 2018, 21:22

You can still buy it in Europe.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 14 Jul 2018, 09:51

yeah you are right
and it well be a good chance to buy it for the people whose living in Europe and close to
for me personally i found it a little bit pricey on amazon uk and some of the others online shops, compared to the original price, + shipping is going to be over priced to my country.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 14 Jul 2018, 10:38

There's three other monitors with the same IPS panel though. The Acer XB271HU is one of them and seems to be available at a decent price.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 14 Jul 2018, 14:31

RealNC wrote:There's three other monitors with the same IPS panel though. The Acer XB271HU is one of them and seems to be available at a decent price.
iam just worry about the ghosting from this monitor cause i saw many complains about that like this one ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7M8EkAJINE

do you think this is normal for 4ms ?

i asked this guy about the fps during his video, he said it was between 70 and 80 with gsync enabled (gtx 1080)

he said when he disable the gsync, there is no noticeable ghosting at all

monitor without gsync is not usable for me, i cant use it with tearing and stuttering

i tried your trick couple days ago trying to use it, capping the fps with the 143.9... , with vsync on but the input lag is also not acceptable for me

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 14 Jul 2018, 23:57

ahmedpc03 wrote:iam just worry about the ghosting from this monitor cause i saw many complains about that like this one ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7M8EkAJINE

do you think this is normal for 4ms ?
That looks like trolling to me. Or whoever uploaded that video has a defective unit. But I suspect trolling. If you record video from a monitor in a dark room you get a lower shutter speed, and any LCD monitor will look blurry.

This monitor has the same panel as the ViewSonic (just a slightly different revision,) and performs very similarly. The other monitors with this same panel are the Asus PG279Q and the AOC AG271QG.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: viewsonic xg2703-gs availability

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jul 2018, 01:54

RealNC has an XG2703-GS.

It is my understanding that this specific model is discontinued, but you can get similar panels -- check the "165 Hz IPS" panels (they all use the same panel) in the monitor list below:
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: viewsonic xg2703-gs availability

Post by RealNC » 26 Jul 2018, 02:09

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4300

(Threads are now merged.)