Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal + NEW TRAILER 25.06.20

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

Post by RealNC » 30 Aug 2018, 21:15

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Those realtime shadows of forests in Crysis was stunning, genre-defining, while it grinded 2007-era GPUs like rocks-in-a-blender.

Maybe "But can it run 2077?" will be the new "But can it run Crysis?" .... It could, especially if raytraced graphics looks even better than that gameplay trailer. Especially on a rainy night, with all those neon reflections!
According to DICE devs (Battlefield V), RT was up to now being developed on non-RTX cards. NVidia provided them the RT SDK, and it does run on previous gen GPUs, but slower and with not all of the effects being possible at their fullest.

RTX cards have by now made it to the devs, so it's almost certain that the effects are going to look better in the end than in those showcase trailers.

However, I still think the perf impact will be huge. The RT parts of the GPU are not completely independent from the rest of the silicon. If you do RT, rasterisation and shader perf is gonna suffer. Because of that, the RT effects will be turned off or severely dialed down for many elements of the game even on RTX cards (objects with complex geometry for example will be culled, some surfaces will have no RT at all if the devs think no one will be actually looking at them.) So when nvidia says stuff like "RT allows you to look into an NPCs eyes and see the world reflect in them", I simply don't believe them. Yeah, you could do that, but nobody in their right mind would waste RT to get the world to reflect on someone's eyes during normal gameplay...

I think we're going to see very polarized reactions to RTX in general in the first gen of RTX GPUs. Games are very, very good these days at faking many of the things RT is good at, so many people will most probably perceive the difference as too minimal to justify the perf hit. With future generations of RTX, we'll get closer to full RT, and that's when the difference to shader trickery will become really large. Because let's face it, when you look at Battlefield V with RTX on vs off, it's not like the non-RTX footage looks really that much worse. It still looks amazing, and the RTX stuff looks more like "well, nice to have but I can do without", rather than "OMFG that is a must-have."
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

mello

Post by mello » 01 Sep 2018, 04:14

lossofmercy wrote:Also, looks like it will support raytracing. Would be curious to see how it looks with it on:

I remember reading somewhere that this photo was a fake, and even CDPR commented that this is not a photo from their game.
But nevertheless it is safe to assume that Cyberpunk 2077 will have both NVIDIA Hairworks and RT implemented.
RealNC wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:Maxing out Crysis in 2007 brought a lot of systems to their heels, even top-of-the-line ones. It'll be interesting to see how much frame rate grinds downwards with raytraced 4K.
I predict 20FPS. Let's see if I'm right when it comes out :mrgreen:
From the latest leaks it is pretty apparent that current RT implementation will literally cripple the framerate in all games, this includes using 2080Ti.
k2viper wrote:Ye i'm also kinda stunned with graphics and gameplay abilities around Cyberpunk2077 world, despite now I'm a dedicated multiplayer competitor, I must say, that gameplay demo made me remember my teenage days I was first playing new Quake 2 single player.
Same here ! Although i have been focusing solely on multiplayer mode for a long time now, i also remember both Quake 2 and even orignal Quake... or even Duke Nukem on x486. God... this was really a long time ago ! Anyway, i am also looking forward to single player mode in this game, and there are also rumors about a *multiplayer* gameplay somewhere down the line, but CDPR is still not sure IF it will be in this game and HOW it would look like. If anything, they will most likely try coop mode, a not a full on multiplayer gameplay IMO.
RealNC wrote:However, I still think the perf impact will be huge.
Latest rumors and leaks confirm that.
RealNC wrote:I think we're going to see very polarized reactions to RTX in general in the first gen of RTX GPUs. Games are very, very good these days at faking many of the things RT is good at, so many people will most probably perceive the difference as too minimal to justify the perf hit.
NVIDIA is perfectly aware of that. Besides if you want to push a new tech you need to start with something. The results wont be mindblowing, we know that already, but 2nd and 3rd gen of RTX should be much better and i am sure perf hit will be vastly reduced at that point.

The good thing is that new RTX cards should satisfy both camps, meaning the people who want to play at the highest video settings and they don't mind doing it at 30-60fps range, and people who prefer playing at higher, 100+ fps.
RealNC wrote:Because let's face it, when you look at Battlefield V with RTX on vs off, it's not like the non-RTX footage looks really that much worse. It still looks amazing, and the RTX stuff looks more like "well, nice to have but I can do without", rather than "OMFG that is a must-have."
Yeah, it was kinda funny and a little awkward watching Jensen trying to hype up himself and others on a live stream when they were showing RT in Battlefield V and other games.

haanuman

Post by haanuman » 02 Sep 2018, 12:12

I am pretty convinced with the gameplay, I have been waiting impatiently for a while now and tracking their tweets haha!

darzo

Post by darzo » 02 Sep 2018, 23:12

Don't be convinced by anything. Burned too many times. It looked like an ordinary AAA game to me. That demo didn't reveal much. Red Dead Redemption 2 is something you can anticipate, but Rockstar releases a game every blue moon.

mello

Post by mello » 25 Jun 2020, 11:19

New trailer just dropped:

phpBB [video]

UPDATE: They also announced CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS, 10-episode anime which will be streamed on Netflix.

phpBB [video]

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal + NEW TRAILER 25.06.20

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jun 2020, 17:48

Neat.

The RTX effects are in full fore in these new versions! Looking even more forward to the RTX 3000-series that will make this game sing.

I've always enjoyed Cyberpunk-style genre games and shows, including futuristic megacity scenes, so it's a top anticipated game.

My only (minor nit) is that they're not yet doing a VR version (I finished Half Life Alyx last month!) but I understand why; they have to focus on the story and game mechanics traditionally optimized for a monitor/television.

That Netflix series -- coming 2022. Looks like CD PROJEKT RED is planning quite the long legacy in Cyberpunk 2077!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dirty Scrubz

Post by Dirty Scrubz » 25 Jun 2020, 18:57

DLSS 2.0 will be in this game so RTX performance hit should be minimal when used with DLSS: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/ne ... s-trailer/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jun 2020, 21:07

So now which to pick; quality or frame rate.... why not both? ;)

Eventually -- imagine getting this levels of detail, while maintaining 240Hz-worthy or 360Hz-worthy frame rates.

For now, DLSS 2.0 is a great spatial frame rate amplification technology (FRAT), able to double frame rates while maintaining (or even improving) quality.

But in the longer term, we need 5:1 to 10:1 frame rate amplification ratios. Getting spectacular quality while maintaining high frame rates will be extremely challenging (next-generation engines like Cyberpunk 2077's engine and Unreal 5 engine)

I wonder if a future version of DLSS (3.0 maybe?) could incorporate both temporal & spatial frame rate amplification technologies, kind of like Temporally Dense Ray Tracing (NVIDIA paper -- see Blur Busters UFO credit on Page 2!). Or perhaps theoretically combining both reprojection and DLSS, since most motionblur in a game is panning/scrolling based, and reprojection is an easy way to fix that.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 27 Jun 2020, 13:24

Looks fun but the gunplay looks so clunky, like its Skyrim or something

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jun 2020, 22:48

Speaking of the cyberpunk genre games, generally...

I rarely make videogame recommendations, but I have to put some extremely high acclaim to a new indie-studio game called Cloudpunk. So break the presses... It's not a violent game, and it's a totally different genre (THIS GAME IS NOT A SHOOTER), but...

(1) It's a good indie solo 3D RPG game with graphics as a Cyberpunk City graphics mashed-up with MInecraft graphics.

(2) It's on sale on Steam for 25% off until July 9th, 2020 for only a few dollars. A bargain.

(3) I just helped the developer add G-SYNC and FreeSync support!!! The new G-SYNC compatible version came out today, and I can now confirm G-SYNC/FreeSync works if you configure the full screen exclusive command line option.

If you hate voxel graphics (Minecraft style), well. But it's really gorgeous for a voxel game, the best voxel graphics I've ever seen in my life (so far), and will run super-smooth on VRR now that I helped the developer add G-SYNC and FreeSync support.

If you enjoy simple RPGs from the classic era (not overwhelmingly complex), and you love Cyberpunk genre, and you're at least okayish with, this should be an insta-buy. Give it at least a 60 min spin and try to make sure you get the "It Feels Like a Grind" stage, and let the story warm-up on you. Lots of technology puns in conversation and pleasing side quests. It currently has "Very Positive" review ratings at this time.

Indie studio games are often hit-and-miss, but this is AAA-quality fun -- for those who enjoy both 8-bit 2D RPGs as well as 3D -- first-person RPGs -- you can satisfy a Cyberpunk cravings with this game.