Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal + NEW TRAILER 25.06.20

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
mello

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal + NEW TRAILER 25.06.20

Post by mello » 27 Aug 2018, 12:56

phpBB [video]

Finally :) Love it so far, and now i will definitely buy 2080 Ti / 3080 Ti or whatever GPU will be best at the time of the release of the game.
Last edited by mello on 25 Jun 2020, 11:21, edited 2 times in total.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

Post by RealNC » 27 Aug 2018, 15:12

Deus Ex on steroids, pretty much.

However, since this is placing much more focus in high action first person shooting, it needs to run at very high frame rates. 60FPS won't cut it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Aug 2018, 15:31

It's certainly looking like it'll be one of the defining titles, as "Crysis" or "Half Life" were.

Yes, I won't settle for 30fps. That said, the title may still technically be playable at 30fps as it seems 90% of it is slow-panning -- and being single player with probable savepoints, play fails caused by sudden lag spikes and low framerates can still be replayed over and over. That said, it's probably more pleasant on a Ti series card.

If they optimize it well, I suspect a 1080Ti Extreme can probably do 1080p/60 on this game with only minor detail level adjustments.

That said, to extreme-detail it out and get high-Hz monitor framerates, I'd be tempted for GPU upgrades especially by 2019-2020 -- 2080 SLI may be cheap enough by then, or even the 3080 might arrive then.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 28 Aug 2018, 16:05

Chief Blur Buster wrote:That said, the title may still technically be playable at 30fps as it seems 90% of it is slow-panning
Doom 4 and CS:GO also have slow panning when you play them using a controller ;) Which was the case here. Every FPS game that is being showcased is always using a controller. Even when the showcase is using the PC version. It just looks more presentable compared to frantic mouse movements.

CDR have stated that this game will put a heavy focus on FPS gameplay, and I've read somewhere that they hired a CS:GO professional player to test and get feedback on the FPS gameplay.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Aug 2018, 16:56

Very good points. Yeah, gamepads do make 30fps more tolerable.

That said, I'll be aiming high -- in the frame rate department!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 29 Aug 2018, 14:43

Also, looks like it will support raytracing. Would be curious to see how it looks with it on:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Aug 2018, 16:16

lossofmercy wrote:Also, looks like it will support raytracing. Would be curious to see how it looks with it on:
Let's see if it becomes the new Crysis.

Maxing out Crysis in 2007 brought a lot of systems to their heels, even top-of-the-line ones. It'll be interesting to see how much frame rate grinds downwards with raytraced 4K.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 29 Aug 2018, 18:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Maxing out Crysis in 2007 brought a lot of systems to their heels, even top-of-the-line ones. It'll be interesting to see how much frame rate grinds downwards with raytraced 4K.
I predict 20FPS. Let's see if I'm right when it comes out :mrgreen:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Aug 2018, 13:15

Those realtime shadows of forests in Crysis was stunning, genre-defining, while it grinded 2007-era GPUs like rocks-in-a-blender.

Maybe "But can it run 2077?" will be the new "But can it run Crysis?" .... It could, especially if raytraced graphics looks even better than that gameplay trailer. Especially on a rainy night, with all those neon reflections!

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 30 Aug 2018, 16:35

Ye i'm also kinda stunned with graphics and gameplay abilities around Cyberpunk2077 world, despite now I'm a dedicated multiplayer competitor, I must say, that gameplay demo made me remember my teenage days I was first playing new Quake 2 single player.