Looking for a 24'', 1080p, 120hz+ monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Marekar

Looking for a 24'', 1080p, 120hz+ monitor

Post by Marekar » 28 Aug 2018, 10:09

Hi,
I'm looking for a replacement for my Samsung S24F350 monitor. It has a PLS panel with good colours, but suffers from backlight bleed, IPS glow (yellowish bright spots in the corners) and weird kind of flickering (sudden and rapid brightness changes that are usually triggered by some scenes in games and videos, not related to free-sync).

What I'm looking for:
- 23''-25'', 1080p, 120hz or higher
- height adjustable if possible
- good contrast with dark blacks
- Brightness uniformity (no glow in certain parts of screen)
- low price if possible
- good quality control - I would really prefer not having to return it

Where I'm willing to sacrifice:
- colour accuracy/vibrancy - My pre-Samsung monitor had garbage colours, and yet I was completely unaware of it until I compared them directly
- viewing angles
- freesync/gsync

I know that Samsung C24FG70/3 fit my criteria quite well. However, my desk is quite small and sits directly to a wall, so that monitor simply wouldn't fit.
I've also seen new 25'' monitors like AOC g2590px coming to the market, are they better than older 24'' models?

Thank you for your help.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a 24'', 1080p, 120hz+ monitor

Post by RealNC » 28 Aug 2018, 18:23

The ViewSonic XG2402 has good reviews. Trusted reviewer:

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2402

It's a good choice if you're using an AMD GPU (I consider VRR essential for most games, in this case it's AMD FreeSync.)

It's a TN panel. I'm not aware of any high refresh rate VA or IPS monitors at 24" 1080p.

If you want something better, then I'm afraid you'd have to give up the "should be cheap" requirement.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.