Flicker on new 144hz monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
AllenPCarlson

Flicker on new 144hz monitors

Post by AllenPCarlson » 29 Aug 2018, 01:03

For the past few years my Benq xl2411 worked just fine for me, but now it's gone and I need a new monitor. Flicker is a -huge- deal to me. So are all the new monitors good with antiflicker? The Asus MG248QR says it is, but I just recieved it and it's hard on my eyes and looks like garbage.

Acer Predator XB241H for it's price and gsync, but it has really sketchy reviews since Acer is a cheapo company and the product is hit or miss, so they say. And the product page on amazon says, "NOTE : Dead pixels are within the normal defect variance with high resolution monitors" Which is a red flag.

Viewsonic XG2401 seems to be the new competitor in the sub 300 space. But I don't know enough about it. Reviews between the Benq and Asus monitor were a-plenty 2 years ago. New, quality, reviews are hard to come by in this space. It's also not on the blurbusters list.

Really, what I want is a nice sub 400 dollar 144hz monitor with good, reliable, antiflicker, that looks better than the reliable Benq xl2411.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Flicker on new 144hz monitors

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Sep 2018, 16:22

Question:

1. How high priority is variable refresh rate tech? Example www.testufo.com/vrr

2. Do you ever use Motion Blur Reduction mode on your XL2411?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

VeraGalvin

Re: Flicker on new 144hz monitors

Post by VeraGalvin » 05 Sep 2018, 12:12

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge if you have a video running at 60Hz on the second monitor while gaming in windows mode of any kind of the main it will make your main monitor 60hz as well. The only fix i know of as of right now is either turn off the video or run the game in fullscreen mode.

percentages calculator