Hammock Blur Test Video

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
JBIR

Hammock Blur Test Video

Post by JBIR » 30 Aug 2018, 17:01

Hello. I was at a Best Buy last weekend near closing hours and some employees were conducting motion tests between the Sony X900F, Vizio P, and a quantum dot Samsung (not sure which model) using a hammock video. The one guy said it was from a third party stock video footage company not affiliated with any TV manufacturer. They seemed to have it on some kind of video feed box. Anyway, the one guy was saying how this particular video is one of the harder tests to render motion and showed a hammock swinging back and forth slowly. The video hurt everyone's eyes to try and follow/track the lines without any motion processing features enabled. Once black frame insertion features were enabled on all three TVs it was a little better but was still kinda choppy. Sure there are tons of test videos out there for things like this but I'm just wondering if anyone by chance may know exactly what video this could have been? I'd love to find it on youtube or even purchase it somehow for testing purposes. I was traveling at the time and likely won't be back there anytime soon. With BFI features enabled, the best motion appeared to be from the X900F, Vizio P second, and Samsung third. Thanks very much for any information.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Hammock Blur Test Video

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Sep 2018, 16:21

I tried to hunt down the swinging-hammock test video (I've seen it once).

I can't find it, but you may want to ask www.avsforum.com where I used to be the moderator of the Home Theater Computers Forums.

There's a Test Patterns forums for home theater users testing their TVs.

If you find someone who confirms which video it is -- please come back and tell the rest of us. Thanks!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

irtravis

Post by irtravis » 13 May 2019, 19:20

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but... I was looking for anyone with a Sony x900f to see if they had any tips/discoveries. (I'm glad to hear the x900f did well in the tests. I'm pretty happy with mine as a PC display.)

That hammock video- is it this?

https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/768 ... y-day.html

It is a stock footage company. $140 seems pretty steep, but what do i know?

In case anyone else finds this thread:

Capable of 1080p 120Hz HDR, 1440p 120Hz HDR CVT Reduced Blank, 2880x1620 120Hz No HDR CVT Reduced Blank, and 2160p 70Hz HDR Auto timing. If only it had displayport!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 May 2019, 19:35

Thanks!

I remember something else too, basically a POV camera view from INSIDE a swinging hammock. The hammock was stationary but the background was swinging/rotating.

However, it might also be others - external view of a swinging hammock.

Either way is a torture test for interpolation (and other Frame Rate Amplification Technologies). It takes really good algorithms (such as AI interpolaion) to eliminate visibility of parallax artifacts like backgrounds scrolling behind a net.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!