Help me choose between 2 monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Twipp

Help me choose between 2 monitors

Post by Twipp » 06 Sep 2018, 02:58

Hello, ive been havin a hard time between choosing 2 240hz monitors its either the viewsonic xg2530 (freesync) or the Alienware - AW2518H (G sync) never used gsync or free sync so i dont see it that important, i have had a gsync monitor before and never used gsync feature, so as far as i know its not that important to me, so id like to know which one is a better panel overall, price difference is around 30 USD

Thanks in advance.

cptbouchard

Re: Help me choose between 2 monitors

Post by cptbouchard » 10 Sep 2018, 22:11

I purchased/try the AW2518H and I returned it. On paper the monitor is great but in reality it suffer from big pixel-inversion issues. If you planning to play some shooters and you strafe a lot you'll see from time to time some alternating dark/light vertical lines. With the 1080p resolution on a 25" monitor it was unbearable and very disturbing while playing. The vertical view angle is also really bad at 160 degree. Better be well seated in the center.

I don't why this monitor still make the cut as one of the best gaming monitor on this website, but it shouldn't.