Need help with XG2560 settings/calibration.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Gametheory

Need help with XG2560 settings/calibration.

Post by Gametheory » 07 Sep 2018, 18:18

Hi,

I posted a while back about the AW2518HF.

Some kind souls, including the chief suggested I get a GSYNC. While I was doubtful I'd ever get one and almost bought the AW2518HF, I was extremely lucky and managed to snag a Viewsonic XG2560 for cheap ($159).

I was wondering if anyone could share their settings so I have a baseline to start from. I do realize monitor calibration will probably vary under the same model numbers.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Need help with XG2560 settings/calibration.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Sep 2018, 15:13

$159 for a Viewsonic XG2560? That's a steal!

You must've used a coupon. Where did you buy?

Right now, I don't have access to a XG2560 (yet) but you can read up on GSYNC 101 -- www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101 -- it is the definitive GSYNC tweaking guide for competitive players.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Gametheory

Re: Need help with XG2560 settings/calibration.

Post by Gametheory » 15 Sep 2018, 18:51

Yea I was lucky and managed to snag one from Office Depot's price mistake and they're shipping them out randomly regardless of order time. Surprisingly though, they're honoring almost all of the orders or at least they're trying to. Here's the reddit thread.

A bunch of people have received them and just as many are still waiting for theirs (they keep pushing back shipping dates).

I've already read that link you posted, but thank you anyway. It's much appreciated.

I'm looking forward to your review when you get access to one Chief!