[HELP] New BenQ XL2546 Dead Pixel (Purchased 3 Days Ago)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] New BenQ XL2546 Dead Pixel (Purchased 3 Days Ago)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Oct 2018, 11:26

In my experience, dead pixels on eSports monitors are usually rare enough that it's worth accepting a zero-cost RMA.

Certain defect classes are not worth playing panel lottery on (e.g. common TN panel LCD inversion artifact) but bright dead pixels are.

So go for it. I've found bright dead pixels in only 10% of my monitors, so you've got good odds of not having a dead pixel. But they can go in clusters (consecutive bad panel batches)

It's not zero-risk (you may have to keep playing panel lottery till Third Time's The Charm) but bright dead pixels on black are annoying at 1080p are annoying enough. At the prices we pay for eSports premium, I give kudos to any good return policies for single dead pixels (of the bright on dark kind).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

littlej0e

Post by littlej0e » 17 Oct 2020, 21:55

This is a crazy old necro, but I just wanted to say thanks to this thread and the solution offered by the main contributor, Chief Blur Buster. I've been googling around how to fix a stuck pixel (in green) on my brand new BenQ Zowie XL2746S monitor and came upon this thread. The paper + light message trick worked like a charm! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this...

aymz

Post by aymz » 22 Oct 2020, 15:20

littlej0e wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 21:55
This is a crazy old necro, but I just wanted to say thanks to this thread and the solution offered by the main contributor, Chief Blur Buster. I've been googling around how to fix a stuck pixel (in green) on my brand new BenQ Zowie XL2746S monitor and came upon this thread. The paper + light message trick worked like a charm! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this...
Which video or software did you use in the background for rapidly changing the colors while massaging the monitor?