Acer KG271B 27 inch 240Hz monitor has the craziest blur

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
jmzoff

Acer KG271B 27 inch 240Hz monitor has the craziest blur

Post by jmzoff » 18 Oct 2018, 05:48

I can't explain it, it's absolutely insane. It's the most blurry monitor I have ever used and I can't explain why it could possibly be like this. I think I'm gonna try to get a refund, because I simply can't play competitively on it.

Send me links to any tests you want images of, I'll do anything as soon as I see it.

Kheri

Re: Acer KG271B 27 inch 240Hz monitor has the craziest blur

Post by Kheri » 18 Oct 2018, 20:18

Did you try disabling Overdrive or putting it on normal, yet?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Oct 2018, 11:22

There has indeed been noticeable blur differences between the best and worst 240Hz monitors:

The early AOCs (2016, FreeSync model) and the newer AOCs also had a similar difference, too.

I'm pretty mighty curious, when you look at http://www.testufo.com/ghosting .... Does it look close to the worst of the two -- or even worse?

In the ideal case -- at full frame rate matching refresh rate (non-strobed operation) -- the motion on the best 240Hz monitors are twice as sharp in motion as 120Hz. If that is not happening to you, then you're probably not playing on the best tuned 240Hz panels, from a motion clarity perspective.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jmzoff

Post by jmzoff » 20 Oct 2018, 07:25

Chief Blur Buster wrote:There has indeed been noticeable blur differences between the best and worst 240Hz monitors:

The early AOCs (2016, FreeSync model) and the newer AOCs also had a similar difference, too.

I'm pretty mighty curious, when you look at http://www.testufo.com/ghosting .... Does it look close to the worst of the two -- or even worse?

In the ideal case -- at full frame rate matching refresh rate (non-strobed operation) -- the motion on the best 240Hz monitors are twice as sharp in motion as 120Hz. If that is not happening to you, then you're probably not playing on the best tuned 240Hz panels, from a motion clarity perspective.

I'm assuming this is what the image is of, and this is from my monitor. Perhaps this is a placebo thing, it looks similar maybe to the ones shown just almost laggier? I don't really know honestly..