Imperfect sync when running dual monitors normal?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kimtieuphuong

Imperfect sync when running dual monitors normal?

Post by kimtieuphuong » 20 Oct 2018, 11:14

Hi,

First of all, please excuse me if this is a stupid question, I am still very new to the land of 144Hz and also dual monitors.

A few weeks back I purchased a BenQ XL2430T and have been running it in 144Hz. I never questioned the refresh rate this monitor was running before I tried to do the UFO test earlier today. When I try and run the frame rate test, no matter which browser I use and regardless of how many other tabs I have running, the test always gives me imperfect sync.

When I first noticed this message I was a bit apprehensive that my monitor wasn't working correctly so decided to have a search through the forums. I found a thread which seemed to have the same problem as me and the op self diagnosed the problem as being relating to testing whilst running two monitors.

I then disabled my second monitor and ran the test again. This time everything came back as expected, sync completed and correctly showing as 144Hz. Is this an expected outcome? Should I only receive accurate test results when running a single monitor setup or is this a sign of another problem such as bad configuration or incorrect cable etc?

Any information is much appreciated,

Thanks.