Best GSYNC/NCP Setting for Black Ops 4 with broken FPS Limit

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
snyblk

Best GSYNC/NCP Setting for Black Ops 4 with broken FPS Limit

Post by snyblk » 22 Oct 2018, 00:19

Title.

Im currently having Gsync disabled. I set my in-game FPS Limiter to 144 but the Limiter is broken like it was in Black Ops 3 already. It will add +/- 10 FPS and you cant set a fixed FPS.

What would be my best setting ?
GSYNC ON + Vsync ON or OFF? And using RTSS and Limit my FPS to 141? (Having a 144hz monitor)

Thanks in advance :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Best GSYNC/NCP Setting for Black Ops 4 with broken FPS L

Post by RealNC » 22 Oct 2018, 00:26

If it's broken, then RTSS 141FPS is your only option for g-sync. vsync on/off shouldn't matter, unless you still see tearing, in which case set it to on. (Off in-game, on in NVCP.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

snyblk

Post by snyblk » 22 Oct 2018, 00:31

RealNC wrote:If it's broken, then RTSS 141FPS is your only option for g-sync. vsync on/off shouldn't matter, unless you still see tearing, in which case set it to on. (Off in-game, on in NVCP.)
Thank you! :)
What is the most "cleanest" way to use RTSS whitout having Overlay and other stuff activated? I just want the FPS Limit thats it.

And i am right that Vsync ON / OFF DOESNT add input lag if im under my refresh rate with GSYNC enabled?

Again, thanks in advance :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 22 Oct 2018, 00:38

snyblk wrote:What is the most "cleanest" way to use RTSS whitout having Overlay and other stuff activated? I just want the FPS Limit thats it.
Just set the "On screen display support" switch to OFF.
And i am right that Vsync ON / OFF DOESNT add input lag if im under my refresh rate with GSYNC enabled?
It doesn't. In some rare instances it can introduce stutter/hitching when the game stalls to 0FPS and then resumes (like in loading screens or when opening in-game menus, like inventory or the map.) This happens in Witcher 3 for example, when opening the inventory or map. There's some temporary hitching going on which disappears when using vsync OFF. But that's about it, latency is not affected.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 22 Oct 2018, 09:41

snyblk wrote:I set my in-game FPS Limiter to 144 but the Limiter is broken like it was in Black Ops 3 already. It will add +/- 10 FPS and you cant set a fixed FPS.
For what it's worth, I'm not experiencing this issue at all; the in-game limiter is working fine with G-SYNC here for me.

Are you sure you have it configured properly? You want it at 141 FPS if you're @144Hz.

(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Boop

Post by Boop » 08 Nov 2018, 22:18

OP is right. If I stand in a corner while getting 200+ fps uncapped, go into settings and set limit to 144fps, it will jump around from 120-160 randomly. This makes Gsync jump all over the place and in comparison to uncapped feels worse.

I'm using a PG279Q at 165hz with a 9900k and 2080 Ti. I guess I'll just stick with uncapped for now.