I need help: Is the Sony FW-43BZ35F a good gaming monitor?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
mortulon

I need help: Is the Sony FW-43BZ35F a good gaming monitor?

Post by mortulon » 09 Dec 2018, 11:58

Hello everybody,

does anybody own the Sony FW-43BZ35F ? I would like to know how much the input lag is. I can't find any information via "Google". I'm also interested in the overclocking capabilities.

Specifications on Sony page: https://pro.sony/en_CA/products/small-d ... fw-43bz35f

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Mortulon

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I need help: Is the Sony FW-43BZ35F a good gaming monito

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2018, 22:04

That Sony display is likely amazing for PhotoShop/Cinema but possibly laggy for games. Many professional displays/televisions aren't lag-optimized for eSports/competitive gaming. And those displays are often not tested by sites like RTINGS -- making lag research hard.

If you are looking for a gaming-optimized 4K display, consider the smaller form form factor -- 4K 144Hz HDR gaming display instead? They are the Acer Predator X27 and the ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ. They are pretty sweet displays and are among the best 4K gaming monitors on the market. There are certainly some quirks (local dimming bloom effects) but these monitors generally have extremely rave reviews by the average user -- check out the Amazon reviews. The monitors are DisplayHDR 1000 certified, have 384-zone local dimming, 144Hz refresh rate at 4K, and brilliant colors.

Now if your priority is a 4K television-sized display (43" or bigger) with the lowest input lag, I know that RTINGS.com (which uses many BlurBusters testing techniques) does a great job measuring the input lag of 4K HDTVs. Study and compare them if lag is super important to you.

Obviously, if you're focussed on other things (e.g. professional attributes of the Sony) that might trump the lag. You may have to prioritize other display attributes if you find yourself making compromises.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mortulon

Post by mortulon » 16 Dec 2018, 06:18

Thank you for the professional feedback!

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 16 Dec 2018, 10:00

This seems to be a TV. It's marketed for "business use", which I'm not sure what it means. So it's a risk when it comes to input lag. It's not clear if it has a "game mode" option that disables processing and frame rate interpolation (it has "Motionflow", which has large amounts of input lag when not disabled.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.