Now a good time for a new monitor?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
jonsnow21

Now a good time for a new monitor?

Post by jonsnow21 » 13 Dec 2018, 14:38

Hello guys,

i am thinking of buying a new monitor. It should be a 24" and a 240hz monitor which will be mostly used for competetive csgo gaming and watching here and then a movie. I heard some companies will release at Q4 2018 new monitors which made me think now isn't the right time to buy one.

Maybe one of you is better informed about the current market situation and knows when there will be a good moment to buy a new one. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this and maybe as well reccomend a monitor.

The ones I had on my list are following:

BenQ ZOWIE XL2546
Asus ROG Swift (PG258Q)
Acer Predator XB252Q

Thanks for your help.

Jonsnow21

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Now a good time for a new monitor?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Dec 2018, 23:51

All the listed monitors are great at the eSports angle, but to also add movie watching, I would steer towards the PG258Q. ASUS does seem to set up their monitors for better colors.

That's the conundrum, getting something now or waiting for something better.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

shm0

Re: Now a good time for a new monitor?

Post by shm0 » 17 Dec 2018, 14:25

I have a first gen 120hz - and have patiently been waiting for the right time to buy a new monitor.

With the 240hz 0.5ms coming out soon™ - I'm trying to hold off, hoping it won't be that far into the new year. Acer Japan did just announce (and release!) a model with these specs.