AOC Q2577PWQ visible artifacts

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
LagBuster

AOC Q2577PWQ visible artifacts

Post by LagBuster » 15 Dec 2018, 11:02

Hey, I just got a new monitor. It isn't the best monitor, but I got it for cheap. I noticed sometimes there are visible artifacts in the form of intermittent horizontal lines (they show up for less than a second). It's connected via HDMI, native monitor timings (2560x1440@60). The problem gets worse and more pronounced if I try to overclock it.

Haven't tried the other video interfaces because I can only use HDMI right now (using the motherboard's iGPU output). Any ideas?

phpBB [video]

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: AOC Q2577PWQ visible artifacts

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Dec 2018, 13:33

Such line artifacts flickering. I'm not sure if this is a panel-related or cable-related but seeing intermittent flickering lines randomly bother me during movies or browsing would be bothersome.

If panel-related, this could be an RMA issue.

You may want to bring another source (laptop with other outputs / adaptors) and a different cable and see what happens, to try to rule out external factors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

LagBuster

Post by LagBuster » 15 Dec 2018, 14:15

Thanks, Chief. Could this be temperature related in any way? Because as the day progresses I don't notice any artifacts anymore. I've been using the monitor for 2 days and it seems that I only get the artifacts when I turn the monitor on after being turned off for a while.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Dec 2018, 14:46

It could be a defect that is hidden by thermal expansion effects, e.g. connectors, cold solder joints, panel ribbon, etc -- one of the many possibilities. This problem is generally not easily diagnosable -- so either requires RMA or living with it.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

LagBuster

Post by LagBuster » 15 Dec 2018, 14:52

Thanks again. I'm okay with it, given that I paid 160€ (inc. taxes and shipping) and it's not too distracting. The price is right for this one, if you ask me.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 15 Dec 2018, 16:33

Keep your warranty handy though. At some point it might get worse, or you might get too annoyed with it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Dec 2018, 23:04

Agree. Keep the original monitor box and the receipt!