Hello Can you please help me choose [a 240Hz monitor]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Native240

Hello Can you please help me choose [a 240Hz monitor]

Post by Native240 » 15 Jan 2019, 05:09

Hello can you please help me choose the best one from these for CS:GO which will give me the best advantage. And please rank from 1 to 4 Also if there is a better one than the ones mentioned please mention here, Here are the ones, Alienware 25 AW2518H, Benq XL2540/XL2546, ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q, ASUS ROG Strix XG258Q. Hope to hear from the Pros. Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Hello Can you please help me choose [a 240Hz monitor]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jan 2019, 14:45

It depends on who you ask, alas.

If you're looking for the supreme lowest lag (by just a mere few hundred microseconds), multiple sites have given the BenQ/Zowies acclaim including RTINGS. Now, the XL2546 has DyAc turned on by default. Some players swear by it, others turn it off -- but you have the choice (via the factory menu).

Also, do you play professionally at on-site tournaments? If you do -- many eSports/competition gaming venues use the ASUS monitors (which are also pretty good competitively). If you're planning to train for arena that uses such monitors, it's best to purchase the monitor that you will be playing on at the championships. Training on identical equipment gives a competitive edge by giving you familiarity.

Often, mere hundreds of milliseconds separate several 240Hz monitors, so features of a monitor can outweigh the other -- better gamma/shadow reveal features, or something brighter/dimmer for your eyes, etc (e.g. differing brightness adjustment ranges) -- every human is different.

So that sometimes can make a monitor that is 0.1ms laggier a better advantage to you (if it has the feature that you badly need for advantage). When we're down to microseconds, many factors start to outweigh each other quite easily. The important thing is to get one of the better 240Hz monitors, then they're darn near identical (within lag-testing measurement error margins) -- you want to avoid the worst 50% (e.g. including older frameskipping-bug ones).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BlurBoss

Post by BlurBoss » 15 Jan 2019, 14:51

I had Asus PG258Q for a week, BenQ XL2540 for a week, and I have had BenQ XL2546 for a week now too.
For me picture quality on BenQ XL2540 and XL2546 looks way better than on Asus PG258Q. I now only have XL2546 and only used it for 2 days, but XL2546's DyAc causes my eyes to burn and lose focus, and I have never had such issue before, so I personally would go with BenQ XL2540 now.
I'll be buying Asus XG248Q, I heard it can do ULMB at 240 Hz too and I can't find any reviews of it.
Chief Blur Buster wrote:Now, the XL2546 has DyAc turned on by default. Some players swear by it, others turn it off -- but you have the choice (via the factory menu).
DyAc can be turned off from standard menu, no need to open factory menu.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.

Native240

Post by Native240 » 15 Jan 2019, 15:24

How about the alienware 240hz monitor? So are you saying you recommend benq from all above? Also Chief which Asus monitor (Model) are you implying as used in esports tournament for cs:go, And can you please rank the monitors from 1-4 if it was you whos buying it for cs:go

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jan 2019, 15:43

Native240 wrote:How about the alienware 240hz monitor? So are you saying you recommend benq from all above? Also Chief which Asus monitor (Model) are you implying as used in esports tournament for cs:go, And can you please rank the monitors from 1-4 if it was you whos buying it for cs:go
As a supplier/inventor of testing techniques for other review websites, I rely on other review websites to provide the ranking 1-4 data.

Blur Busters is (currently) not normally in the business of "mass-testing" monitors directly except for very special reports like the ones we do. This includes Jorim's wonderful GSYNC 101, to things like smaller mini-tests that visualize input latencies (Scanout high speed videos). The next monitor test I will release will be the brief NVIDIA FreeSync tests -- a special.

For example Reviewers using pursuit camera as well as other websites that you see the familiar Blur Busters UFO on. Future tests that Blur Busters does -- are designed not to step on the toes of the display testing websites that I help supply tests to -- in other words, I don't want to become a direct competitor to the sites I provide testing inventions for. This is partially the reason Blur Busters mainly does special-purpose tests, in the process of inventing new display tests, and such -- but I often generally leave the mass-tests to others (that use my tests) currently.

As for ASUS, a competitor, ViewSonic, confirmed that ASUS paid a pretty penny to get monitors in the Overwatch League. There are other situations where ASUS is a sponsor/supplier of eSports gaming monitors in the various eSports leagues, and many have said it's more ideal to train on the same equipment that the leagues are using.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Native240

Post by Native240 » 16 Jan 2019, 06:07

If so which ASUS model do you recommend for csgo since there few 240hz asus models? Also If you had to choose top 3 one for cs:go what would be your top 3?

heckenjoni

Post by heckenjoni » 16 Jan 2019, 10:35

i can compare the xg248q to the xl2546 in the next days, i had the xg248q here and i can tell i didint got anything like headache or something like that form the monitor (with strobing turned on) after i get the xl2546 i can tell you what i think of it :)

heckenjoni

Post by heckenjoni » 16 Jan 2019, 10:44

infact the only reason i returned it was because i wanted to try out the xl2546 and because of really bad "clouding" a bit like backlight bleeding it was visible in games...

maestry_

Post by maestry_ » 28 Jan 2020, 09:02

@heckenjoni how about xl2546 ?

heckenjoni

Post by heckenjoni » 28 Jan 2020, 11:50

i didnt like the xl2546 at all but my main reason was the colors