i want to buy for my son one TN monitor for 1080P . the budg

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
JohnDongus

Re: i want to buy for my son one TN monitor for 1080P . the

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 20:46

but why this VG278Q has so ,many good reviews can you tell me please??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-27-inch-M ... lurbust-21

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 20:51

also this which i am confused is that

they say that 24 size monitors for 1080P the picture is sharper against 27 size 1080P monitors

will the image in 1080P 27 size wil not be good(shaper)_; like 24 size? for 1080P;

and why they suggest for 27 size monitors they suggest 1440P;l; and not 1080P;

for this i am confused because we want 27 not only for games but and for movies

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2019, 21:31

Item One
Remember the lesson in numbers. Here's an approximate example for illustrative purposes:
- Imagine 10,000 buy the monitor
- Where 98% = 9800 are happy. Happy people usually don't write forum messages.
- But 2% = 200 are unhappy. Unhappy people post in forums

You might be reading too much from the unhappy people, as forums are not representative. That's why you see 4.5 stars but upset people in the forums. One have to realize how forums work versus ratings work, they attract different audiences -- so they are not the same % percentage ratio.

Item Two
27" has approximately 25% more area than 24". So pixels are about 25% bigger. But you can simply move the monitor slightly further back to compensate, and make a 27" look like 24". There is still the same number of pixels in a 1080p 24" and a 1080p 27".
- Some people prefer the bigger.
- Some people prefer the smaller.

Item Three
1440p is somewhere between 1080p and 4K. Most movies are in 1080p so you don't need 1440p for movies unless you want sharper 4K picture.

1080p = 1920x1080 pixels = 1920 pixel wide, 1080 pixel tall = 2,073,600 pixels total
1440p = 2560x1440 pixels = 2560 pixel wide, 1440 pixel tall = 3,686,400 pixels total
4K = 2160p = 3840x2160 pixels = 3840 pixel wide, 2160 pixel tall = 8,294,400 pixels total

Item Four
Please, remember the forum moderators here are on a volutneer (unpaid) basis; asking newbie questions repeatedly consumes a lot of time. Some of the volunteers have not tried out all the monitors and you're often asking the kingdom for certain opinions that will always conflict with someone else. It may be a good idea to curate/refine your questions, and keep question-repeat to minimums, please, and read through ratings more often -- knowing the ratio of forum-messages versus reviews can be a different ratio, because of:
- Imagine 10,000 buy the monitor
- Where 98% = 9800 are happy. Happy people usually don't write forum messages.
- But 2% = 200 are unhappy. Unhappy people post in forums
You might be reading too much from the unhappy people, as forums are not representative. That's why you see 4.5 stars but upset people in the forums. One have to realize how forums work versus ratings work, they attract different audiences -- so they are not the same % percentage ratio.
I love helping people, and I really do -- but I think you're overreacting a smidgen to negative forum feedback on all those Internet forums -- they are often the pickier people who post. One can't force happy people to post, nor one can force unhappy people to not post -- the happy:unhappy ratios will always be lopsided for forum posts versus for user-review systems -- because of habit. People happy with their size/quality/color/etc have less of a need to write complaints in forums.

Usually the average knowledge on this forum is extremely high, but one thing you will notice is that few of us have tested more than 5 different monitors in such a short time period. So exchanging notes can be a little limiting, for "what's the best monitor" because it often depends on so many variables, and sometimes the differences are extremely tiny. Or that your choice is limited by price range.

The ratio of happy:unhappy is always different for forums than for user ratings. Once you understand that, you can relax more, and be less confused.

While it is certainly a big expensive purchase to buy a GeForce RTX card (2070 or 2080) and a high-Hz gaming monitor -- especially mainly for someone else (your son). The RTX cards are definitely currently the best cards on the market, and getting a high-Hz monitor is a good move for RTX cards.

(Rheoretical questions) Ask yourself, is your son a picky person who's complained about the quality of a TV or monitor? Ask yourself, has he often been upset at your product selection in the past? Ask yourself, have you done a relatively good job thus far in selecting gadgets? Are you a videophile that paid 3x the cost for a HDTV because you wanted OLED or local dimming, or did you just buy the cheapest store-brand HDTV, or somewhere in between? If you find yourself in the middle of the spectrum or less picky, you'll certainly be OK with nearly all the models mentioned thus far. If you've been subject to fears from bad purchases in the past, it will be difficult to do any further reassuring, because the lopsided happy:unhappy ratio of Forum-versus-UserRatings that may serve to only perpetuate confusion.

The 4K Ferrari
If one want the best Ferrari of a monitor for both movies and gaming, one could buy the 4K 144Hz GSYNC HDR monitors, such as the Acer Predator X27 -- but at nearly 2000 quid, it costs almost as much as a used car. People who can afford it, have been mostly happy with it. But, today, even modern TN monitors are still adequately enjoyable for movie watching -- many of them are vastly superior to TN of even 10-years-ago. Sure, you can get better, but it costs too much more. There are those that will pan TN color quality, and some are bad, but the 4.5 star Amazon ones are relatively quite video-watchable, as long as you're not one of those high-end-TV-purchasers.

The 165Hz IPS great for movies and games
So, we can settle that one of the best 300-quid gaming monitors, is, indeed, of, course, a TN monitor -- because 300-quid usually won't get you a high-Hz IPS FreeSync/G-SYNC monitor. If you can bump your price range to 600 quid or thereabouts, I would now change my recommendation to 165Hz IPS 1440p monitor.... Like the ViewSonic XG2703-GS or the AOC AG271QG which are the cheapest IPS 1440p monitors you can get. Can you wing 600 quid? If not, then please settle for TN, you have no choice.

The dark horse: VA monitors
The alternative is to give up high-Hz (poorer gaming quality) and buy an IPS 60Hz or IPS 75Hz, which are cheaper. Or switch to a VA panel instead, there are VA 144Hz monitors avaialble which gives you the high-Hz experience -- for even cheaper such as 144Hz VA for under 200 quid, or the Samsung CFG73 (I'd avoid the older CFG70, it has the purple ghost issue on some older units). VA colors/contrast is brighter which is great for movies, but uniformity can be worse, and ghosting is bad during dark colors which is very bad for dark games. VA characteristics can be a good money saver, sometimes better for movie watching, but they have other tradeoffs. Now, if you're struggling to save money and you are not picky, then certainly VA is yet another option that can be considered. This does open a Pandora Box of potential new questions, but I mention this because you're price conscious and you're going to have to make compromises, you're going to have to choose trade-offs.

The safe standby for good high-Hz gaming: TN
If gaming is a higher priority than movies, and want a TN panel "good enough for movies", maybe.... try the ViewSonic XG2402 or the ViewSonic XG2702. I've always been pleased by ViewSonic TN color quality as they've always prioritized on pre-calibrating their monitors really well before shipping them, prioritizing that more than the average manufacturer. It's eminently watchable for movies. Just don't lean too far below or too far above. For two persons watching movies, sit a couple feet further back so both of you can stay near the sweet spot of center. For example, my ViewSonics don't fade much when I sit a little to the side 4 feet away, so 2 people can still watch movies just fine on them. These particular TN's just fade bad angle if viewed from below or from above, but if you don't do that, you're okay. The ASUS might or might not be as good, I can't know for sure. But the reviews seems to be reasonably good and I would be fine with the ASUS mentioned too -- I wouldn't even get buyer's remorse if I already bought that ASUS instead of the ViewSonic for your particular case, since your son will (statistically-wise, population-wise) probably be happy with either.

Now, if you are still unsure, have you considered just getting 2070/2080 card -- and then a gift certificate instead for the monitor purchase? Amazon sells gift certificates too...

And please, try take it easy on the daily questionrate (it's unusually high); to give fairness to everybody else on the forums;
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 17 Jan 2019, 07:59

So from these 2 monitors
ViewSonic XG2702 27 and Asus VG278Q which you believe to buy? For TN panels.

in the budget which i have 350-400

what options i have for TN - VΑ 27 size 1080P monitors?
can you give all the best monitors for TN - VA 27 size 1080P monitors for gaming?

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 17 Jan 2019, 10:59

You keep asking the same questions over and over...
You started the post saying you want TN 1080p, so stick with that.
Seems you don't know what you want.

Only going to add that there is a post about Asus VG278Q saying it frame skips:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4188

No idea if it ever got solved. If not, don't buy it.

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 17 Jan 2019, 11:10

what options i have for TN - VΑ 27 size 1080P monitors?
can you give all the best monitors for TN - VA 27 size 1080P monitors for gaming?

this i am asking

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 17 Jan 2019, 11:12

in one thing that i am worried is that some people are telling me that if i will buy one TN 27 1080P monitor in games i will problems with pixels and also some people told me that the best experience is 24 1080P monitor././

but 24 is very small for me and for my son also we are watching and movies

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Jan 2019, 11:19

Nothing beats actually seeing it with your own eyes. Do you have a Best Buy or something where you can see a monitor like the one you like? If they have it in stock, just buy it and return it if the issues bother you. If it doesn't, return it and buy the 27" monitor you were recommended here.

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 17 Jan 2019, 11:36

You have plenty information to make your own list of best gaming monitors TN 27'' 1080p.
Chief's answer is very complete and RealNC already told you how a 27'' 1080p looks like.
Try watching a video on YouTube and decide for yourself? Or go into a store.
If you don't like it, get a 27'' 1440p. If it is too expensive, get a 24'' 1080p. If it's too small, watch it over a big TV. :D
I'm about to buy XG2402 wich is great for gaming and i am also going to watch movies with it and 24'' should be fine for me.

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 17 Jan 2019, 18:10

what options i have for TN - VΑ 24 size 1080P monitors?
can you give all the best monitors for TN - VA 24 size 1080P monitors for gaming?

this i am asking

i will buy one TN or Va 24 size?

which are the best options??

also i read the reviews from pc monitors for the ViewSonic XG2402 Review because in his review said a lot of things

in coclusion what score he puts for this monitor>?/