i want to buy for my son one TN monitor for 1080P . the budg

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
JohnDongus

Re: i want to buy for my son one TN monitor for 1080P . the

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 12:29

why is not a big problem for games? can you tell me please??
will i meet this grainy in 1080P 27 monitors ? for games
in games will i have these grainy pixels??
i will use only this monitor for games and movies

so for 1080P which monitor are you sugested me to buy if i will go in 1080P,?

and also which monitor are you sugested me to buy if i will go in 1440P,?

budget 300-400 euros for 1080P and 1440P

can you tell me please?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 16 Jan 2019, 12:48

I told you everything I can. If you don't know what any of it means, then I recommend you buy the VG278Q and be done with it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 13:00

VG278Q will have good colors as TN panel?

i mean do you be;ieve that the newest TN panels are better from the oldest TN panels which released 2 and 3 years before in the colors?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 16 Jan 2019, 13:19

No.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 13:27

you mean that Tn panels doesnt have good colors for gaming?/
1440P is very expensive you need every 2 years to buy new cards for 1440p
#
my friend

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 16 Jan 2019, 13:41

TN panels are TN panels. They have worse colors than most IPS and VA panels. That's just how it is. It doesn't mean they're useless. It means they have worse colors than the other panel types.

That's like asking me if a Ford Focus is worse than a Mercedes C200. Yes, it's worse than a Mercedes. Doesn't mean people aren't buying Ford Focus cars.

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 13:48

the point is that alot of people are buying TN panels for gaming..

i mean they know that Tn havent the best colors buy they buying TN panels for gaming

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2019, 13:56

RealNC, TMI = Too Much Information. Do you have a family, RealNC? :D

This is just a Dad (stressed in a rush for birthday) helping a kid and you're making it unnecessarily complicated.
The son is probably 99% not as picky as Blur Busters audience.
So my reply is geared to that assumption.

TN is good enough
1080p is good enough

We know that complainers are often the minority (the happy users of 4.5 star Amazon TN monitors. That's four point five stars rating. Many are still happy with TN.) For every 1000 people happy, maybe 10 are upset enough to post in a forum. The risk is low! Not surprising your son for your birthday is a worse risk. Where sometimes less-than-5%-difference in color quality, may come 50%-improvement-in-motion-quality -- that's what TN tradeoff can sometimes be for many. The happy people are the ones that often don't post.

I've got several TN panels that has better colors direct-on than an IPS panel, so there's some overlap -- the viewing angles are often iffy but from what I am reading, your son's playing a variety of games. With monitors rapidly swapped on my desk, I work with what I have here, 90% of the time I am programming on a TN monitor and my eyes are more relaxed on a really good modern TN than a 10-year-old IPS. The color quality difference is probably immaterial to a non-BlurBusters reader if his job isn't color-related (e.g. PhotoShop).

Good high-Hz gaming IPS can be worth it but they just cost a lot more.

2070 and 2080 are excellent choices. The cost savings of 2070 over 2080 can be used to buy a better monitor.

JohnDongus, I can tell you're on a deadline -- such as a birthday date.

Go ahead, buy something -- your son will probably be happy -- and if you buy from certain places such as Amazon, they have a good exchange/moneyback guarantee. You're in the correct ballpark of GPU and monitor choices already; that's good enough to make your own independent decision now.

Let's think about it for ourselves: If we need high-Hz IPS, we need to pony up -- but all of them are out of your ballpark, isn't it? But isn't it true that not surprising a son for your birthday could be worse than avoiding all gaming monitors? Considering all those 4.5 star TN ratings from real users? Which means no need to avoid TN, no? Bingo!

If your son said "sports car radio control toy" and you're stressed deciding between a Porsche and a Ferrari, having already eliminated the Yugos/Fiats/etc. I think we've successfully steered you into the correct ballpark and now we're getting overstressed about fine details.

You'll be OK, JohnDongus. For that little 1-in-10 odds, just buy from a good moneyback place like Amazon.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 14:58

VG278Q will have good colors as TN panel?
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VG278Q/

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT VG278Q WILL BE GOOD FOR GAMING AND FOR GAMING E-SPORTS LIKE MORTAL KOMBAT X AND INJUSTICE 2?
BECAUSE MY SON IS PLAYING ALOT MORTAL KOMBAT X AND INJUSTICE 2

ALSO WHY I CANT REVIEWS FOR THIS MONITOR?
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VG278Q/

JohnDongus

Post by JohnDongus » 16 Jan 2019, 15:27

someone told me something and for this i have issues
For a 1080p monitor i would go no bigger than 24''...because after that you start to really notice the pixels and a 27'' 1080p monitor is pretty ugly in my opinion.

will i have these problems for gaming in 27'' 1080p monitor?