Utility to adjust G-Sync ULBM?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
MonarchX

Utility to adjust G-Sync ULBM?

Post by MonarchX » 27 Mar 2014, 01:37

I kept searching and searching and searching, but couldn't find that page on Blur Buster's that provided a link to a program/utility that adjusts VG248QE G-Sync-upgraded monitors ULBM mode. It does it via DDC/ADC and its separate, not related to nVidia or ASUS... I know it exists for a fact as I've downloaded it before, but now I can't find it.... I think it was related to PowerStrip somehow. Is there a single Blur Buster's Downloads page in the works???

MonarchX

Re: Utility to adjust G-Sync ULBM?

Post by MonarchX » 27 Mar 2014, 01:53

The reason I am asking is because I was wondering if there was a way to use that utility to edit information for Eizo Foris FG2421. Eizo Foris FG2421 uses defective parts or parts that haven't passed quality control for a much more expensive industrial monitor for satellite imagery work - Eizo DuraVision FDF2405W http://www.eizo.com/global/products/dur ... /fdf2405w/ . FDF2405W is capable of so much more though - color gamut adjustments and even built-in 3DLUT and 3D itself!!! It would be so awesome if there was a way to sort of hack Eizo Foris FG2421 EDID and make changes to it.

Thus far some other programs I tried say that Eizo Foris FG2421 does not support DDC/CI... - it misses DPtx services. I have it hooked up to DisplayPort because AFAIK DisplayPort has a lower input lag, doesn't it? I wonder if DPtx stands for DisplayPort tx-something...

Would EDID work the same for any type of input - DVI/HDMI/DP? Is there a way to overwrite it with/for DDC/CI support?

MonarchX

Post by MonarchX » 27 Mar 2014, 01:59

The whole "DDC/CI unsupported" cannot be true because Eizo provides a USB wire and connection that allows for internal adjustments via Eizo's Screen Manager Pro for LCD program. The industrial monitor supposedly uses Screen Manager Pro for LCD v. 3.3.3 but such version is nowhere to be found on the internet... Maybe I can call Eizo and tell them I already have the industrial monitor but lost the software for it!

DICKTracy

Post by DICKTracy » 27 Mar 2014, 02:33

From the link you posted:
The monitor converts 120 Hz input signals to 240 Hz to reduce ghosting and blurring that is caused during frame changes. This greatly improves sharpness and visibility and reduces eye fatigue that occurs when viewing scrolling or moving images.
Still 120Hz panel, works the same way as the FG2421, It's just a better monitor

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Mar 2014, 10:22

MonarchX wrote:The whole "DDC/CI unsupported" cannot be true
DDC/CI is a signalling method that goes through VGA, DVI and DisplayPort, rather than USB.

The USB method of controlling picture adjustments is not DDC/CI.

I should check if I can control an FG2421 via DDC/CI, because I originally thought I was able to do so -- Often, the monitor menus have a method of turning on/off DDC/CI.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Mar 2014, 14:13

MonarchX wrote:I kept searching and searching and searching, but couldn't find that page on Blur Buster's that provided a link to a program/utility that adjusts VG248QE G-Sync-upgraded monitors ULBM mode
This is the link:
http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/howto-adjust-colors/
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MonarchX

Post by MonarchX » 27 Mar 2014, 18:26

Well, there is some information that this monitor can support DDC only via DVI-D, which I do not have...