About Asus VG258QR input lag

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Musgo

Re: About Asus VG258QR input lag

Post by Musgo » 18 Jun 2020, 19:37

What monitor do you recomend for a secondary gaming monitor?
Vg258qr or vg259q?
+21hz and slight faster Vs better colors?
Have anyone compared?
Who is better in ghosting, smooth, motion blur, ...?

yazan_bdair

Post by yazan_bdair » 12 Jul 2020, 03:18

i bought this monitor i have no complains about it but i can notice pixels on the screen especially when moving in fps games

i sit close to it is that due to pixel density (90 ppi) ?

Dezryc

Post by Dezryc » 05 Aug 2020, 22:26

Can somebody help me get the best seetings(lowest response time and inout lag) for my vg258qr monitor on 60hz(ps4), im currently using racing mode,brightness 60,100 trace free,50 vividpixel. Do you guys have any idea what settings i might have to change?

Dezryc

Post by Dezryc » 06 Aug 2020, 06:39

Can somebody help me find the best settings for the lowest response time and input lag fortnite monitor on 60hz? Currently im using ps4 and i’ve change a lot of the settings like:racing mode,brightness 70,contrast 80,tracefree 100,and vivid panel 50. So do u guys have any idea what things to change my settings to get the lowest input lag and response time on 60hz for this monitor???

Mattex0101

Post by Mattex0101 » 15 Mar 2021, 03:35

MatrixQW wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 22:37
Profiles can be saved in monitor's MyFavorite menu. There are three slots.

Racing mode is the one with lowest response time.
Brightness use whatever you wish, it doesn't hide/show overdrive issues.
Contrast is what shows/hide blur and overshoot. Don't use lower than 41 or higher than 70. I keep my room dark and always use 41.

Racing mode
Brightness 50
Contrast 60
Color Temp: User Mode RGB 100
Smart View: off
TraceFree 60
VividPixel 0
ASCR: off
FreeSync: on

You can save one profile for FreeSync 'on' and one for 'off'.
If you load a profile with FreeSync 'off' you need to enable FreeSync before shutting off from Windows or the overdrive will not be ok.
Don't disable FreeSync in NVCP Global Configuration. Create an Nvidia profile and set Monitor Technology to fixed refresh if you don't want to load profiles from the monitor menu.
I'd like to share my profile with you.

Cinema mode
Brightness: 20
Contrast: 70
Saturation: 50
Color Temp: Normal
Skin Tone: Natural
Smart View: off
Sharpness: 60 (i see a big difference between 50 and 60, with 60 all the edges are a lot better and more defined)
TraceFree 60
VividPixel 0
ASCR: off
FreeSync: off (because i have a graphic card that doesn't support g-sync compatible (Nvidia GTX Titan X Maxwell))
ELMB: off

ivanpeace1

Post by ivanpeace1 » 25 May 2021, 18:51

Notty_PT wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 09:33
Well, tested this monitor for many hours now. I will try to return it and I wish I didn´t get it :D

Tbh this model is prolly the best Asus model I ever tried quality control wise. The backlight bleed/clouding are almost non existant, the contrast is very good for a TN panel. I guess this is due to these new AUO 24,5 144hz panels, being superior to their last gen.

The input lag is amazing, I felt it as fast if not fastest than the ViewSonic XG2402 (both compared at 144hz for that matter, because 165hz scanout is obviously faster).

The problem with this Asus model and with pretty much every Asus model lately, is the damn overdrive. This monitor is only usable at Trace Free 40 and at that point it is almost as fast as an IPS panel. You can immediatly notice how blurry it is by scrolling on websites, specially on bright colours (white, grey). At Trace Free 60 it gets better, but the added overshoot is too bad to me, and immediatly noticeable. Easily noticeable on the UFO test. Trace Free 80 and 100 are a complete no go, of course. So the options are using Trace Free 40 and dealing with blur, or using 60 and dealing with obvious overshoot.

With that being said, I can´t reccomend this monitor to anyone and I will gadly stick with the XG2402. Changing from one monitor to the other makes the ghosting/overdrive issues so damn obvious, is not even funny. Everytime I switched back to the XG2402 it was like "wow". The extra 21hz on the Asus do not make up for the bad overdrive issues.

My personal advice: Stay Away from this monitor or pretty much every recent Asus monitor. I like to highlight the word "personal",

This didn´t cut it for me, will try to return it asap.
Greetings! Are you still here? Tell me, did you manage to find a new 144Hz + 1ms monitor without the motion blur problem you described above in the ASUS VG258QR monitor? You can advise me a good monitor on TH matrix 140Hz + 1ms without the similar problem you described above. Many thanks!
P.S. I need a fresh model of monitors that are on sale today.