Poor image quality after bad reboot

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ZonePhoenix

Re: Poor image quality after bad reboot

Post by ZonePhoenix » 28 Mar 2019, 23:05

jorimt wrote:
ZonePhoenix wrote:The windows 10 dpi setting and adjusting cleartype has no effect on gaming so i don't know what you really want me to say
From my previous post (relevant lines highlighted in bold and underlined):

2. System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance "settings" > Visual Effects> Custom > Smooth edges of screen fonts? This won't affect anything but desktop fonts, but it will be interesting to know if that looks closer to your "before" images to you.
3. I assume you've tried ClearType settings? Again, not that it would affect anything but text.
ZonePhoenix wrote:You can keep adjusting cleartype and windows settings but that won't ever change how the way an unscaled fullscreen game looks, so i don't know what the point of your post is
That was a very small portion of my post (and the least relevant content) you pulled out. Do you have any comments on the rest of my previous post, or do you simply refuse to consider the possibility (just the possibility, mind you) that the scaling you prefer may end up being the aberration here?

If so, fair enough, I won't bother you further.
Like i said i can prove within about 1 minute that it's not the scaling by setting the dpi to 100% and not fixing the problem, and ive said that before

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 28 Mar 2019, 23:39

First off, I did say "DPI scaling or no DPI scaling" in my last post, but let me make sure I have everything right here...

You considered your 2016 PC build to output a "clear" image until it basically blew up, at which point, no matter what you tried, you couldn't get that clarity back.

You even tried multiple monitors, cables, and PC builds, and none were able to replicate the clarity of your original 2016 build, out-of-the-box or otherwise.

This "blurriness" applies to both taskbar icons and games, whether you set DPI scaling to 100%, 115%, 125%, etc.

If that's all right up to this point (feel free to correct me on any of the above), a few questions:

1. How long did you have this 2016 build, and did it have the "proper" clarity from the time you acquired it to the point it started having issues? And at any point that you owned this build before it exhibited this issue did you notice the blurriness on other peoples' devices?
2. Once the blurriness occurred, did it only apply to the taskbar icons and The Division, or did it apply to all text, the desktop, every game (not just The Division), browser content, apps, images, videos, everything basically?

Also, you don't seem to be understanding that direct screenshot captures won't show us everything you may be seeing on your specific screen. For example, if you have a dead pixel, you can only see it on your screen. We can't, since our screen doesn't have a dead pixel, or has it in a different place. Same thing goes for backlight bleed, clouding, brightness and color issues, etc.

In other words, if you're screen is having as issue transmitting what is outputting from your GPU, we'd have to see your actual screen in person, or you'd have to take a really good image of your screen externally with a camera; if our screen doesn't have the issue your screen has, your raw screenshot won't necessarily show it on our screen.

Again, from your existing screenshots, all I can see on my screen is that the 2016 images are pixelated (for whatever reason) and the newer images with the "blurriness" are simply smoother.

I showed you screenshots of The Division on my PC. What do the UI elements look like compared to your original "clear" and "blurry" images on your screen? And would you be willing to take an actual picture of your screen with a camera showing the taskbar icons and the Division UI?
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

ZonePhoenix

Post by ZonePhoenix » 29 Mar 2019, 00:02

jorimt wrote:1. How long did you have this 2016 build, and did it have the "proper" clarity from the time you acquired it to the point it started having issues? And at any point that you owned this build before it exhibited this issue did you notice the blurriness on other peoples' devices?
2. Once the blurriness occurred, did it only apply to the taskbar icons and The Division, or did it apply to all text, the desktop, every game (not just The Division), browser content, apps, images, videos, everything basically?
I'm not trying to fix the division and my icons, those are just the limited screenshots i have that's why they're there, if you think that's the problem then you missed the entire point of the thread

As for the issues, it's harder and harder to remember because it's been so long but i had one monitor that was always sharp from the time i got it, and after a while i bought an Acer XB240H and that was actually really blurry and shitty when i got it for about the first 3 months

After 3 months i rebooted after playing a game and on boot the monitor started flickering a grey static image, and then when it got into windows the monitor had completely snapped into focus and became the same as the other monitor i had next to it

Then after it fucked up the monitor did the same weird static thing and went blurry again, but on both monitors, and on 1 monitor the cable blew and the monitor started showing green pixels till i replaced the cable

The image that it was showing was almost exactly like this which i stole from a youtube video showing edid errors https://i.imgur.com/phILi7w.png

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 29 Mar 2019, 07:57

How do you expect anyone to help you with this, if the only direct, applicable material anyone has to look at on your issue (those only being raw screenshot captures of the taskbar and The Division icons comparisons thus far) apparently has nothing to do with it now?

The pattern in this thread has seemed to roughly be:
You make a comment, someone addresses that comment as you present it, you tell them that wasn't what you we're talking about, repeat.

What, at this point do you exactly want to solve, and is there any way you can give us something to look at (not counting other peoples' images, or further screenshot captures directly from your display; again, they won't replicate for us what you're seeing on your display) or work with that applies to your problem as it stands now?

We all want to help here, but we first have to have a clear understanding of your current issue (with pertinent and up-to-date evidence) to do so.

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 29 Mar 2019, 08:28

Мне кажется тебе нужна волшебная кнопка которая все исправит). 3 года ты не мог самостоятельно решить свою проблему. Но я подогрею твой интерес xD.
1080p https://imgur.com/7CTuOPF
1440p https://imgur.com/aHR8oAG
А сейчас мне пора идти кормить медведя.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 29 Mar 2019, 10:24

^ Just in case anyone is wondering what 1000WATT's above post translates to in English, I ran it through Google Translate (rough translation, I'm sure):
I think you need a magic button that will fix everything. 3 years you could not independently solve your problem. But I will fuel your interest xD.
And now I have to go feed the bear.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 29 Mar 2019, 10:57

Hahah.He says he went to feed the bear.Dont let him eat you instead. :D

ZonePhoenix

Post by ZonePhoenix » 29 Mar 2019, 21:10

jorimt wrote:How do you expect anyone to help you with this, if the only direct, applicable material anyone has to look at on your issue (those only being raw screenshot captures of the taskbar and The Division icons comparisons thus far) apparently has nothing to do with it now?

The pattern in this thread has seemed to roughly be:
You make a comment, someone addresses that comment as you present it, you tell them that wasn't what you we're talking about, repeat.

What, at this point do you exactly want to solve, and is there any way you can give us something to look at (not counting other peoples' images, or further screenshot captures directly from your display; again, they won't replicate for us what you're seeing on your display) or work with that applies to your problem as it stands now?

We all want to help here, but we first have to have a clear understanding of your current issue (with pertinent and up-to-date evidence) to do so.
Can you stop with all these shitposts? You obviously don't know how to fix it

ZonePhoenix

Post by ZonePhoenix » 29 Mar 2019, 22:35

1000WATT wrote:Мне кажется тебе нужна волшебная кнопка которая все исправит). 3 года ты не мог самостоятельно решить свою проблему. Но я подогрею твой интерес xD.
А сейчас мне пора идти кормить медведя.
That's... very weird, do you speak english? If so what are your system specs

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 29 Mar 2019, 22:56

ZonePhoenix wrote:Can you stop with all these shitposts? You obviously don't know how to fix it
You don't either, that's kind of the point of troubleshooting it with strangers; figuring out what (or even whether) it is first.

But don't worry, I get you; it's obvious it's either what you want to hear on this or "shut up." Understood. I will respect your request and refrain from posting on this thread further (something I offered several posts ago).

I wish you luck on this regardless, and hope you eventually pin this down, whatever it be.