Asus PG258Q issue ??

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
gabethomas

Asus PG258Q issue ??

Post by gabethomas » 14 Mar 2019, 17:19

2 days got a new PG258Q (cahnged my bad Acer XB252Q)

I don't know this is a bad TN panel or it is just a normal TN panel and this is a TN panel symptom what every TN panel have.
Hard to example what is this. Not ghosting, not vertical lines. Like micro grids on my monitor. Can not see in windows, only in games(plus if I turn off the computer after there is the "digital signal not found in a red box" have the same effect). Not always just if I moving fast( I think).
For example:
Let's say you are playing FPS game in front of you there is a rock and the rock texture like consist of tiny/micro grids.When you go closer to the rock it's disappear.

https://imgur.com/a/sJ6QkPi

1. question : what is this ? Can I fix it ?

2. question : Sounds strange, but On the Acer XB252Q I felt 144hz/240hz smoother. It can be if I'm using different displayport cable ?

hope so Chief Blur Buster will see this post

Notty_PT

Re: Asus PG258Q issue ??

Post by Notty_PT » 14 Mar 2019, 18:53

I had this exact issue with the Asus PG258Q and it was one of the reasons I got rid of it, amongst many. This was crucial and very obvious on dark colours. Quake Champions, for example, is full of brown/black/dark grey environments and I had that effect all over the place.

Also this monitor is very laggy, even if it is 240hz and it has an uniform scanout. The difference in input lag between the 3 major lines (top, mid and bottom) is very close according to Prad and hardwarenfo, wich makes it weird. Other Gsync panels have this effect aswell.

Since you got it 2 days ago I would consider returning it.

gabethomas

Re: Asus PG258Q issue ??

Post by gabethomas » 14 Mar 2019, 19:41

So it's a lot of 240hz monitor have this "issue" right ?

But then which is the good model ? I love the 240Hz feeling.

Let's say you love play competitive FPS and you like the 240Hz. What would you do in my place ? Is there 240hz or 144hz monitor without those "micro grids/vertical lines" effect ? + normal colors and sharpness

BTW this can be real ?
"2. question : Sounds strange, but On the Acer XB252Q I felt 144hz/240hz smoother. It can be if I'm using different displayport cable ?"