Alienware aw2518hf HELP please! :c

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
omaryue753

Alienware aw2518hf HELP please! :c

Post by omaryue753 » 18 Mar 2019, 02:17

Hi guys! i got this monitor 10 days ago and i do like it but its been giving me some headaches and eyestrain. moreover ive run some test in this website and it seems that im having some kind of ghosting or corona artifacts. i contacted dell support and they basically told me to return it because im using the "wrong version" i have and acer predator with an nvidia graphics card and i thought it would work great but they said this problems might be because some kind of incompatibility.

it is annoying for my eyes but i do love to have the monitor at 240hz and "super fast" response time. my question is... since its hurting my eyes and giving me these kind of annoying experience because of this 'ghosting' or 'coronas' what should i do guys? should i return it and get a 240hz 1ms G-Sync version? if so, which one would be the best? i know you might answer the asus pg258q but my laptop only has HDMI 2.0 and that monitor comes with HDMI 1.4 only :c. please give me some advice i still have the chance to return it and get another one. ive been thinking about getting any of these: the BenQ Zowie XL2546(DyAc) 240hz 1ms[/color] cause it has HDMI 2.0 and also has an option to lower blue light which i guess will help with my eyestrain problem, but no freesync or gsync. or The asus rog strix xg258q 240hz 1ms because it also has HDMI 2.0 and EyeCare but its a fresync monitor! so... what should i do guys ?
I basically want to be able to game using the 1ms response without experiencing this kind of weird images following the game characters and the reason i want the monitor to have HDMI 2.0 in the meantime is because i will get me a desktop pc by the end of the year and thats why i want to get the real best monitor when it comes to refresh rate and responsiveness even if right now i can only get more than 60hz through the hdmi port of my laptop. i dont really care about colors since i will use it for competitive gaming.

Thanks in advance!

By the way,
Sorry for my bad english.

bakedchicken

Re: Alienware aw2518hf HELP please! :c

Post by bakedchicken » 18 Mar 2019, 04:52

i think you should return the monitor, it sounds like you're not fully satisfied with it. i own the aw2518hf and the coronas on superfast are pretty atrocious, especially at higher brightness. If you really want to stick with the monitor id advice turning the contrast to at least below 75 (seems to do some weird things at 75 i don't know). and set the response time to FAST instead of SUPER FAST. superfast is so bad it stutters the game from the coronas.

but yeah, i think if you have the option to right now return it and either get xl2546 or xg258q, only because you sound unsatisfied with this monitor and i dont think it will get better IMO from a year of using it and fiddling with settings

karavanasam

Re: Alienware aw2518hf HELP please! :c

Post by karavanasam » 18 Mar 2019, 16:21

It is too early for advice maybe but when you buy a desktop PC,it is very important to use Displayport instead of Hdmi.Forget Hdmi.Displayport is the one you should use.Graphics cards think you use a TV instead of a monitor if you use HDMI.You are a PC user,you have to use displayport.When you buy a GPU,check if it has DP port.Trust me. ;)