>>> VOTE!!!! Ideas To Help Blur Busters!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

How Would You Like To Help Blur Busters Pay For Itself?

I Use An Ad Blocker
18%
Add More Advertisements to Main Website (http://www.blurbusters.com)
13%
Add Banner Advertisements Here (to these discussion forums)
13%
Patreon-style Monthly Donation/Subscription (pay to get ads removed)
19%
Early Access Content
11%
More Affiliate Links (Amazon, NewEgg, eBay, etc)
22%
Other (please followup with idea)
3%

Total votes: 508

Dmoney405

Re: >>> VOTE!!!! Ideas To Help Blur Busters!

Post by Dmoney405 » 10 May 2020, 16:36

I'd love to use your link to buy the viewsonic to try out but I'm already stuck with this asus one because corona hit right after I purchased it and everything else was completely out of stock. I couldn't even return it because there was nothing else to buy haha.

I am kinda thinking I will buy the new lgC10 42" oled for a computer screen if it's at the right price and it has low input lag. Competitive games will still be on my ASUS but I see no reason the oled can't work well as an RPG / Movie monitor as long as it's image retention isn't too bad. It's going to have BFI and Gsync I hear.

xeos

Post by xeos » 02 Jun 2020, 14:40

I don't mind ads - and personally, I think that clicking on them is how one should tip websites that you like. Google does a decent job of showing relevant ads, so it's really not an imposition.
Measure display input lag the cheap way or the best way (IMHO, but I'm biased).

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2020, 15:33

Dmoney405 wrote:
10 May 2020, 16:36
I'd love to use your link to buy the viewsonic to try out but I'm already stuck with this asus one because corona hit right after I purchased it and everything else was completely out of stock. I couldn't even return it because there was nothing else to buy haha.
If you wish -- you can use this link for anything searchable on Amazon: Link to Amazon. That will commission a tiny portion of the revenues of the whole shopping cart to Blur Busters, assuming you don't enter Amazon via any other means (manually typing, or via Google, or via another site). The monitor lists are commissioned for those who wishes to support Blur Busters.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 03 Jun 2020, 01:00

I would donate to a blur busters patreon. A token forum feature upgrade would be a nice gesture, but I wouldn't consider it necessary. It's tough to balance serving everyone (keeping content accessible and not behind a paywall) and providing incentive for people to donate other than a desire to support your mission.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jun 2020, 14:32

Update: Minor ad malfunctions. Already aware of them, will be fixed in coming days.

I have no plans for media paywalls as that is against the philosophy of Blur Busters.

Blur Busters is 50% media site and 50% display laboratory (services.blurbusters.com), Blur Busters is focussed on pushing the needle on all temporal aspects of displays (refresh rates, GtG, MPRT, strobing, frametimes, latency, motion blur, etc).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dmoney405

Post by Dmoney405 » 07 Jun 2020, 16:18

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Jun 2020, 15:33
Dmoney405 wrote:
10 May 2020, 16:36
If you wish -- you can use this link for anything searchable on Amazon: Link to Amazon. That will commission a tiny portion of the revenues of the whole shopping cart to Blur Busters, assuming you don't enter Amazon via any other means (manually typing, or via Google, or via another site). The monitor lists are commissioned for those who wishes to support Blur Busters.
I actually was able to use the XG270 link to go ahead and buy it. I found a buyer for the asus.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 27 Jun 2020, 10:54

I use ad blocker and disabled when I saw this thread, but you should definitely set up those banners that ask people to nicely disable ad block in order to help the site.

Skew

Post by Skew » 05 Aug 2020, 18:05

Hey Mark, I'm super late to this, but have you thought about trying to boost your ranking on Google for keywords like "input lag", "input latency", or even just "lag"?

Maybe even... "display lag"?

Randomoneh

Post by Randomoneh » 30 Oct 2020, 19:38

1. Patreon + early access
2. Affiliate links as necessary evil (neutrality-wise)
3. Ads anywhere in any form but none from monitor, TV or mouse manufacturers

HavenGames

Post by HavenGames » 02 Nov 2020, 18:20

I believe passionately in Blur Busters' vision, and I'd definitely support a Patreon. I don't mind ads, but it would be awesome to get access to inside info about the blur-busters roadmap and testing progress or perhaps some tamer tidbits which are less sensitive.