>>> VOTE!!!! Ideas To Help Blur Busters!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

How Would You Like To Help Blur Busters Pay For Itself?

I Use An Ad Blocker
18%
Add More Advertisements to Main Website (http://www.blurbusters.com)
13%
Add Banner Advertisements Here (to these discussion forums)
13%
Patreon-style Monthly Donation/Subscription (pay to get ads removed)
19%
Early Access Content
11%
More Affiliate Links (Amazon, NewEgg, eBay, etc)
22%
Other (please followup with idea)
3%

Total votes: 508

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: >>> VOTE!!!! Ideas To Help Blur Busters!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Oct 2022, 03:58

Eonds wrote:
01 May 2022, 15:24
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 15:49
Also a dark mode would be really nice.
Planned in the next major forum upgrade, but there's no timeline yet.
Priority is hiring writers first.
Slender wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 05:28
I think we need to add a more intuitive editing, as now, I'm responding to your post entirely quoting you, but beginners don't know how to edit a post, as a result, it turns out to be a very long post with repeated answers.
I'm investigating a possible phpbb plugin that allows people to do this -- but this will wait till the next major forum upgrade.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 21 Oct 2022, 05:28

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 03:55
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 08:45
@Chief Blur Buster I just noticed that google DNS for some reason blocks access to the forum not sure if it is just me but I made some tests and found out that it was google DNS if this is the case you might want to check this out and fix it as soon as possible.
Try again, I changed CloudFlare settings recently. There may have been a DNS propagation issue, is it still happening? Quit your browser and restart browser, since DNS can be cached by Google Chrome for a long time.

If it is still a problem for you, please let me know!

I will diagnose further if what happened recently gave Google DNS a strange conniption unbeknownst to me.
Not sure if it helps but might be a misconfiguration on IPv6? Half the address using Google DNS?

Code: Select all

C:\Users\x>nslookup blurbusters.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    blurbusters.com
Addresses:  2a06:98c1:3121::
          2a06:98c1:3120::
Quad DNS seems to ignore ipv6:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\x>nslookup blusterbuster.com 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    blusterbuster.com
Addresses:  15.197.142.173
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

RonaldKTM

Post by RonaldKTM » 27 Oct 2022, 07:33

Hi Mark, Engaging clients who may sponsor the platform may be an option? Thanks Ron

Robbo99999

Post by Robbo99999 » 20 Nov 2022, 15:51

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 17:34
Robbo99999 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 07:17
This is very loosely related to the topic of this thread, but I didn't want to set up a whole new thread for it: how come there's not been an update / new article on the main website for nearly a year now?
https://blurbusters.com/
I mean I'm interested in High Hz technology and use it myself as a gamer, is there not any relevant news worth creating articles in the last year? I suppose I'd be curious to use this website to see where the industry is heading & how it's progressing & what the current best monitors are, etc.
Hello,

We are now looking to hire part-time guest writers, with a start date of November 1st, 2022

Good observation, and it's been nagging at me too -- I want to get this addressed within 1-2 months.

Blur Buster's current main income is https://services.blurbusters.com - but I recognize that we need to staff-up the media section. I have to earn enough money to pay subcontractors who work with me with manufacturers, etc.

The pandemic also depleted some budgets that needs to be saved-up to do some of the side projects that Blur Busters absolutely loves to do.

Funding is finally available though, so I am searching for 1 or 2 new part time writers. 10-20 articles/month, preferably some student or esports who has Blur Busters knowledge. This stuff doesn't pay the bills as much as the other Blur Busters projects do.

I also would like to open up a Patreon, but I am trying to figure out how to structure it in a way that (A) produces enough income and (B) enough perks to make users happy.

Also, since I am deaf, I'm not well-equipped to be a YouTuber -- it can be done as there are some great deaf youtubers, but it takes a lot of effort that takes away from other parts of Blur Busters.

A problem causing Patreon not to be introduced yet is that the costs of modifying the site (e.g. custom ad-disable system etc) may exceed the patreon donations because Blur Busters is much more niche than LinusTechTips or Everyday Astronaut or Mark Rober or MrBeast or others. If I open Patreon it has to be with a sufficient rationle/splash not to dissapoint my users (like temporarly idling the news section of the website). So I don't want to start Patreon unless I have an absolutely solid Patreon plan, even if it's a minor one relative to a mega-YouTuber.

Now that being said, if you are looking for a part-time guest writing career with Blur Busters -- please submit your resume at www.blurbusters.com/contact -- thank you! I don't want to accept resumes from a commercial remarketing/affiliate site -- but an indie instead who's familiar with Blur Busters.

Thank you!
That sounds good! I can see some of the challenges you could have. In the past I've played with the idea of writing reviews for websites (& applied for once) due to my long time love of tech (& words) & knowledge therein, although somewhat reduced in recent years, I did apply once to another website although I do indeed have a full time job. There's no doubt Blurbusters have/do play a role in display technology & understanding, I'd like to see it continue!

evmadic

Post by evmadic » 27 Nov 2022, 07:58

I wish this forum had a 'Like' button or someway to reward members that make amazing posts with reputation points so that posts and members can build credibility
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 04 Jan 2023, 07:24

Agree!!! I'd hit like on this comment but can't :) .
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 Feb 2023, 21:49

maybe it's worth dividing the forum section about the delay into guides and questions about the delay to avoid confusion

Tiberiusmoon

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 26 Feb 2023, 04:32

Other vote:

Create a non hardware based solution to calibrating a monitor like http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ but with Blur buster's own research/approach.
Make it user friendly then it can become a popular resource to use.
You can then gain more website traffic with advertisement from gamers/streamers in Twitch who use monitors for the longest time.

I have seen many people complain about certain in-game images like this: https://i.redd.it/x0a1vub1rezy.jpg
They complain its to bright or they do not realise the background has a hexagonal wall and floor, which leads me to believe there is a lack of information/awareness to monitor calibration.
A well calibrated monitor can reduce eye strain and fatigue by simply adjusting the monitor to be as clear but less bright.

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 12 Mar 2024, 14:23

amazon prime with a twitch channel
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K