DVI To Displayport Cable That Supports 120hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Electrixz

DVI To Displayport Cable That Supports 120hz

Post by Electrixz » 26 Mar 2019, 01:33

Hey guys. I recently just turned 29 and for my birthday I was given an RTX 2060 card. Long story short, I have an older 120Hz monitor and the new RTX card doesn't support DVI. I am wondering if anyone has any solid insight into a good dvi to displayport cable (that doesn't cost $100) that can achieve 120hz on my monitor.

Monitor: Acer GD245HQ https://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-ma ... 747/review

I see a few cable options that have mixed reviews on certain monitors. Worst case i'll upgrade my monitor, but I would love any additional information someone here might have. If someone has knowledge on the subject or possibly gone through something similar please help me out. Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: DVI To Displayport Cable That Supports 120hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Mar 2019, 03:16

I do not recommend any DisplayPort-to-DLDVI adaptors less than those high quality ones that cost $100. Unfortunately, you're going to pony up. I love the StarTech one ($130). Reliable and works with everything.

The circuitry to convert DP to DL-DVI is somewhat complicated, and it also may add a couple milliseconds of input lag, so buying a new monitor might be your best bet. Why not consider a variable refresh rate? Erase those "frame rate change" stutters! www.testufo.com/vrr
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Electrixz

Re: DVI To Displayport Cable That Supports 120hz

Post by Electrixz » 02 Apr 2019, 17:45

Thanks for the information. I'll probably just pony up and grab a decent 144hz monitor. I'll do some research and see if I go 144hz or 240hz. I know it depends on what I play, which is mainly Fighting games. People seem to be giving great reviews for the ViewSonic XG2402. I'll probably just end up getting that. My monitor is 7 years old and it has done it's job well. Anyway, thanks again for the info it is appreciated!