Need advice finding gaming monitor for HDMI output

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Aardvark

Need advice finding gaming monitor for HDMI output

Post by Aardvark » 26 Mar 2019, 09:36

Looking for a best possible 120hz+ 1080p 24-27" monitor for HDMI.

The monitor needs to use HDMI output from RTX 2080 because the 3 DisplayPorts are connected to sim racing rig.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, as it's not always clear if a monitor performs properly through HDMI.

ne0x

Re: Need advice finding gaming monitor for HDMI output

Post by ne0x » 30 Mar 2019, 19:04

Hi Aardvark,

As far as i am aware HDMI 2.0 interface MIGHT do 120HZ. However both Monitor + GPU must have HDMI 2.0. Even then, when I look online for better info i come across lots of contradictions. Some say it is possible some say it is not.

If you are looking to do "Casual" games on the PC why not go for a DisplayPort Switch? You could then use 1 of the DisplayPort cables from your GPU and hook it up to 2 different monitors. With a press of a button you can then switch between them.

At the same time, why not just switch the cable manually when you want to game on one > or the other :) (cheaper) Then the only thing you need to look for is a nice 144hz+ monitor.

Good luck.

karavanasam

Re: Need advice finding gaming monitor for HDMI output

Post by karavanasam » 31 Mar 2019, 07:32

Whatever you do,use DP instead of HDMI.HDMI equals to problems,blur,wrong scaling settings etc.Because if you use HDMI your GPU thinks you use a TV instead of a monitor.If you buy a gamer monitor,it will be a trash so be smart.Find alternative solution other than HDMI. :!: