XL2546 colors/black depth

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RemiiW

XL2546 colors/black depth

Post by RemiiW » 01 Apr 2019, 04:21

How u fix this black washed out color? I'm hopeless since idk if it's because of the monitor (idk if it was from beginning) or it's something with cable (tested 2 DP's, HDMI and DVI(DVI doesn't even work wtf?)) in the game there are a little bit washed out colors which is not noticable as the menu but still I don't want this monitor to have this low black depth but a smooth changing color from black to grey (hard to explai but I hope u understand) here's image if u can see difference and a video:

https://imgur.com/bGGkoj2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmiEya ... e=youtu.be

I don't know if i could ask this here on the forum, or somewhere on graphics site's (don't know any of them) i would appreciate help since I'm hopeless with this and it's so annoying to play single player games (first saw on AC:Unity but now after formatting system I've seen this in Syndicate too.. :/)

ne0x

Re: XL2546 colors/black depth

Post by ne0x » 01 Apr 2019, 05:24

in the Display's picture menu does the 2546 have "Black equalizer" ? Check if that is set, and maybe lower it? It makes blacks look "lighter" which makes it washed out a bit.

Also, you might want to play around with brightness, contrast and maybe even Gamma from the monitor menu to tweak the picture to your liking.

Maybe look up Color profiles for your monitor (heres a list of pro player settings https://on-winning.com/best-benq-monitor-settings/

RemiiW

Post by RemiiW » 01 Apr 2019, 07:23

Setted all off (dyac, AMA and BE (which i have always off bcs this is just horrible not even possible to play/watch), even after that nothing still the same, even drivers from BenQ for XL2546 doesn't change much but ty for respond anyway. :)

Stitch7

Post by Stitch7 » 01 Apr 2019, 09:00

RemiiW wrote:Setted all off (dyac, AMA and BE (which i have always off bcs this is just horrible not even possible to play/watch), even after that nothing still the same, even drivers from BenQ for XL2546 doesn't change much but ty for respond anyway. :)
buy an ips monitor then o.O

RemiiW

Post by RemiiW » 01 Apr 2019, 13:03

I got my old IPS, it's old and almost same colors as mine this BenQ but there's still the problem (the intro are not washed out but if u clearly look clouds or any black item in the night u still see it even on the IPS (but a it's little compared to TN, yet i wanna understand why is this like that and want to completely eliminate this problem since if it's on clouds visible it's still messing other textures around. :/

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Apr 2019, 15:29

Are you using an NVidia GPU? If yes, ensure that you're aren't using limited range colors for the current mode, and for video playback.

Open the nvidia control panel, and see if there's an "output dynamic range" setting. If there is one, then make sure it's set to "full":

After that, ensure that the dynamic range for video playback is set to full range:

Without it, videos will be washed out with incorrect gamma. This mostly affects youtube and media player, but also some games that use video for cutscenes and startup intros.

Note: You will have to re-apply these settings every time you update or reinstall the nvidia driver.

If the above does not help, then you need to increase the gamma setting in your monitor's OSD. Most monitors have three gamma settings. Try changing it to one that doesn't look washed out.

Finally, the XL2546 is an e-sports monitor. That means it doesn't care too much about image quality, but focuses more on "omfg pwn cs:go n00bz" even if that means sacrificing image quality.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

ZonePhoenix

Post by ZonePhoenix » 01 Apr 2019, 22:32

You have poor contrast ratio

You can play with the settings to make it darker and it will but it won't improve your contrast ratio it will just make things harder to see

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Apr 2019, 02:25

Limited Range does have one advantage: It reduces strobe crosstalk with DyAc (reduced contrast ratio trick) by avoiding the problematic overdrive-artifact-prone fully saturated colors.

If you do not use DyAc, then this trick is not useful and should be fixed as per RealNC.

It boils down to what you prefer, however.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!