Monitors, wich?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Monitors, wich?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Apr 2019, 18:38

karavanasam wrote:Thanks for the info Notty. ;)
If activating HDR decreases input lag,then the best future monitors will be the ones with HDR.It also improves image quality.I wish I had one. :? :)
HDR enable/disable can affect input lag -- it really depends on how the monitor processing is implemented. I've seen HDR increase input lag, and HDR decrease input lag. It's very monitor specific behaviour.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Apr 2019, 19:06

Notty_PT wrote:Asus XG258Q 240hz monitor - it has the lowest input lag from all the 240hz monitors. When we buy a 240hz monitor we do it to reduce the input lag as much as we can. Considering the other models are barely faster than a good 144hz monitor, I would look at this model.

AlienWare AW2518HF 240hz monitor - it has the best contrast, best colours and less aggressive panel coating (wich makes image cleaner, less smearing and not grainy). It has more input lag than XG258Q and the overshoot on this model is very annoying, unless you reduce pixel clock, wich will make your nvidia GPU not idling (for example, just by sitting on windows you will still have the clocks at 1500mhz, wich is not good). This model is cheaper tho

Asus XG248Q 240hz monitor - A smaller sized monitor with superior ppi (image has more definition). It has very low input lag too, but it has a lot of smearing/grainy effects because the panel coating is really really aggressive. Good price, it is going for 330€-380€ here in Europe on several stores.

ViewSonic XG2402 144hz monitor - Uses a very old panel, but perfected it. Is the best monitor response time and overdrive wise. You can´t see ghosting and spotting overshoot is a challenge. Every fast move with the mouse will present you a very clean and blur free image. Its input lag is very very low, 4,1ms according to Rtings, wich is barely slower than a 240hz monitor like the Benq XL2540 (also reviewed on Rtings as 3,7ms).

Asus VG258QR 165hz monitor - Uses the new AUO 144hz/165hz panels. The contrast is amazing, probably the best contrast I´ve seen on TN panels. The colours are very acceptable for TN too. This monitor has a very low input lag, maybe even lower than the ViewSonic XG2402. Because it has Asus GameFast Input technology, wich is not marketing BS, it really works. It has way worse overdrive than the ViewSonic tho, so you might be sensitive to it or not. I was, but several users on this forum are happy with this model.
Thanks, Notty.
To support Blur Busters, here's appropriate Amazon affiliated links for those who wish to support Blur Busters.
(up to you readers, if you wish to click on them).

- ASUS XG258Q - 240Hz FreeSync
- DELL AlienWare AW2518HF - 240Hz FreeSync
- ASUS XG248Q - 240Hz FreeSync
- ViewSonic XG2402 - 144Hz FreeSync
- ASUS VG258QR - 165Hz FreeSync

Among FreeSync monitors, I also like the ViewSonic XG2530 too (really a 240Hz version of ViewSonic XG2402) because it's almost an IPS-quality TN LCD panel to my eyes. Almost. And straight out of the box with so little fiddle. As long as I'm not sitting too close - just slightly more than arms length away, centered and square.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 07 Apr 2019, 03:49

Thanks Chief.Ok now lets click those links people.We like BBusters.:)

Terr08r

Post by Terr08r » 07 Apr 2019, 04:08

Thanks again, all links clicked^^, im doubting about the XG240R OR XG2530, on my country they are same price, what should be my best pick option in my case? Ty