Which mouse for ULMB/BBR/Lightboost/low persistence?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RonsonPL

Which mouse for ULMB/BBR/Lightboost/low persistence?

Post by RonsonPL » 01 May 2019, 16:14

Hi

- small hand (legendary Logitech MX510 turned out to be too big and I had to sell it)
- grip: between palm and claw.
the marked bottom part rests on the mousepad like this
https://gyazo.com/d2f559ea848e6fc8fad2cbc0ce0f6df8
- most important: 2000Hz, and if not possible, then at least proper functionality at real 1000Hz. The only reason I want to change my mouse it to get more clarity in fast motion in FPP/TPP games, cause my current mouse can do max 500Hz, unfortunately
- wired, of course. I don't mind the wire and if I can avoid even 5ms of lag, I'll pick this improvement over lack of the cable
- a decent and reliable sensor for low sense gaming (huge mousepad, fast movements, the crosshair has to move in the exact way despite various speeds of my hand movement, cause otherwise you can't quickly develop muscle memory. This is very important because of me playing irreguraly and being old, so getting back in shape quickly is a must.
- cheapest one which meets the above requirements. I'm no pro, don't need 20 buttons, RGBs etc.

Notty_PT

Re: Which mouse for ULMB/BBR/Lightboost/low persistence?

Post by Notty_PT » 01 May 2019, 16:18

Logitech G305 + Energizer Lithium Batteries ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Ulti ... ics&sr=1-3) to make it even lighter would be my pick:

1- Cheap mouse
2- Wireless Tech by Logitech is as good as wired
3- The mouse is extremely good for claw grip (not good for palm tho)

Logitech G Pro Wireless another great option, but expensive.

RonsonPL

Post by RonsonPL » 01 May 2019, 16:39

@Notty_PT

Is this mouse proven to be a safe buy in terms of proper function at 1000Hz?
Many mouses support it, but encounter huge issues in this mode.

About G Pro. Let's try to find a cheap one at this point. Only if it turns out to be impossible, I'll consider buying an expensive one, but that would probably mean a rather painful postponing of the upgrade
PS. Thanks for super quick reply!

shekel

Post by shekel » 02 May 2019, 03:38

RonsonPL wrote:@Notty_PT

Is this mouse proven to be a safe buy in terms of proper function at 1000Hz?
Many mouses support it, but encounter huge issues in this mode.

About G Pro. Let's try to find a cheap one at this point. Only if it turns out to be impossible, I'll consider buying an expensive one, but that would probably mean a rather painful postponing of the upgrade
PS. Thanks for super quick reply!
Yes, it's fine.

I'd also suggest Logitech G203, good sensor, decent weight and small size, only costs 15-20 GBP.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 May 2019, 19:35

Early 1000Hz from over ten years ago was sometimes less reliable...
But today, quality of most 1000Hz is not a problem.

So the majority of FUD about 1000Hz needs to be put to pasture unless it's a fake-1000Hz chinese counterfeit mouse. But even many generics are now using adequate sensors.

For fixing ULMB-amplified mouse microstutters, you do need a smoother mousepad and clean mouse feet to milk 1000Hz or 2000Hz better.

1. Mouse with modern sensor with good 1000Hz or 2000Hz
2. Use 1600dpi or 3200dpi (on 12800dpi mice) when using ULMB. Very high but not max dpi
3. Lower your in-game sensitivity to compensate for ultra high dpi
4. Use ultra clean mouse feet (and purchase replacements regularly for stutterless ULMB)
5. Use ultra high resolution mouse pad

If your mouse only maxes out at 3200dpi, use 1600dpi. Top dpi setting is sometimes interpolated/floaty, so tweak it a bit.

But try to get those newer 12000dpi sensors if ULMB is your priority, they become silk at 1600 and 3200 with mouseturns as smoooooooooth as keyboard strafe left/right. That's very important in fixing ULMB-amplified jitters.

That really help mouse fluidity with ULMB.

200Hz often has a cost premium. I have not tried it but, reportedly, a great ULMB-friendly mouse is the 2000Hz Cougar Minos X5 mouse. The 2000Hz reportedly makes a difference for NVIDIA ULMB (and other blur reduced modes). That said, many 1000Hz mice are good too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!