just lol at this stutter. person to help me gets 20 bucks

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ko4

just lol at this stutter. person to help me gets 20 bucks

Post by ko4 » 10 May 2019, 16:20

phpBB [video]

specs:
gtx 1060
i5 6500
asrock z170m extreme 4
2 x 4 ballistix red 2400mhz
evga white psu

this stutter is driving me insane
I bought a gt 1030 to test out because I initially thought it was vram related but my games still stutter
all updated drivers

I doubt its the game since its a VR game and theyre supposed to be smooth and have good frametimes

what part should I replace next?
I will pay the person that helps me fix this stutter 20 bucks

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: just lol at this stutter. person to help me gets 20 buck

Post by RealNC » 11 May 2019, 07:32

Your FPS is dropping and 90FPS cannot be maintained. Could be the GPU. You can enable the GPU and CPU load indicators in Afterburner's OSD settings.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 May 2019, 10:07

About the 1030, not sure if it would have solved the problem --
The GT 1030 is slower than the old GeForce GTX 680. Yes, that card released in year 2012, is faster than your GeForce GT 1030. The 1660 is about 3x to 4x faster than your GeForce GT 1030! The 1650/1660/1660Ti series is the cheapest VR card I would remotely recommend.

Now, if you are saying you're getting stutters from the 1060, do you get many stutters in other games such as Robo Recall?

I have a Rift too, so here's some advice to try. You could also try Oculus Tray Tool to force the framerate of VRChat to be permanently 45 frames per second, and use Oculus ASW to get your 90 frames per second. (Oculus ASW is a Frame Rate Amplification Technology). This is the technique I used in some of my less-optimized VR games. Oculus Tray Tool can also lower the supersampled resolution too, to give you more performance for your balky VR games. Remember to launch Oculus Tray Tool before you launch VRChat, so it takes effect on the game graphics.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ko4

Post by ko4 » 12 May 2019, 19:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:About the 1030, not sure if it would have solved the problem --
The GT 1030 is slower than the old GeForce GTX 680. Yes, that card released in year 2012, is faster than your GeForce GT 1030. The 1660 is about 3x to 4x faster than your GeForce GT 1030! The 1650/1660/1660Ti series is the cheapest VR card I would remotely recommend.

Now, if you are saying you're getting stutters from the 1060, do you get many stutters in other games such as Robo Recall?

I have a Rift too, so here's some advice to try. You could also try Oculus Tray Tool to force the framerate of VRChat to be permanently 45 frames per second, and use Oculus ASW to get your 90 frames per second. (Oculus ASW is a Frame Rate Amplification Technology). This is the technique I used in some of my less-optimized VR games. Oculus Tray Tool can also lower the supersampled resolution too, to give you more performance for your balky VR games. Remember to launch Oculus Tray Tool before you launch VRChat, so it takes effect on the game graphics.
hm now I realize that vrchat runs either at 45 or 90 fps
I don't own VRgear. I was just using vrchat as an example to showcase the stutter I have in games.
I was using my gtx 1060 in this vid. It should surely be able to produce over 90 fps In such a game.
I mentioned my gt 1030 to show that my stutter issues are not GPU related as I first thought.
my setup (i5 6500 gtx1060) should be able to run this game stutter free.
Do you think it is ram problem?

ko4

Post by ko4 » 12 May 2019, 23:18

here's some csgo gameplay
phpBB [video]

You can see really bad stutter some even more than 30ms
might not show in a 30fps video but its really bad on a 144hz monitor just look at the frametime graph

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 23 May 2019, 10:28

Maybe yours is not the same problem as looking at your videos i see too many stutters on the VRchat video but i cannot see the stutters on the CSGO video, anyway i will share some info just in case.
Let me start saying you most probably won't be able to fix it by yourself.
Now let me explain and try to give you some ""possible fixes"".

It is a windows problem that started after Creators Update, and Microsoft has not fixed it. Also seems to affect NVIDIA more than AMD (but not sure if because there is less people with AMDs). You can check that a lot of people is affected by it here (still unsure if yours is the same): https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... pdate/387/
It is a good place to ask, if you need to.
As i said, it affects a lot of people and many don't know it is because of Windows. Also, some games are affected and somes are fine, but not all games are the same for all (yes, it is a hard to diagnose problem).

Although i can give more info, i'll try to share the most common "fixes" that work for some, not all:
- You can try the EmptyStandbyList (even being a BFV related thread I think there is no difference and i think is a nice guide https://www.thenerdmag.com/how-to-fix-m ... indows-10/ )
- If you prefer other similar you can try (
Intelligent standby list cleaner https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/int ... 0-released

(i think there is nothing wrong posting these next links, but if it break any rule, please remove it -sharing by PM is allowed, right?-)
Also many people improves a lot with the "best" (for most people) version of W10, the ltsb 1607:
You can follow these awesome guides some awesome users posted on the NVIDIA thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 1/#5928931

For other languages:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 5/#5929795

Also, to give some "hope", the 20h1 version of Windows (currently on beta and i think will not be released soon) seems to fix many of the stutters, so hopefully they found what they broke (i don't want to put my hopes to high).

So, no fix, we have to deal with it.

Also, the stutters on this video are a good example:
https://youtu.be/VM4G2s8VFvs?t=85

Anyway, good luck.

P.S. Not writting this for the 20 bucks, save them for later :P .