LF help finding new monitor for my rtx 2080 (Fortnite)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Yayer57

LF help finding new monitor for my rtx 2080 (Fortnite)

Post by Yayer57 » 13 May 2019, 16:22

Hey guys!

I am in the market for a new gaming monitor (pretty much exclusively for Fortnite)

I recently built my 1st gaming rig :geek: CPU: i9-9700k GPU: rtx 2080

As a result, I am now trying to figure out which monitor to pair with it... My primary concern is competitive performance! Everything else (price included) is secondary to me.

After researching my options, I have concluded that my best options are most likely 24" 240hz 1080p monitors. I do not know enough about gysnyc/freesync, motion blur technologies, response times, strobing etc. to be able to narrow down my options passed that.

All opinions, concerns and comments from everybody would be most welcome. If y'all could help me with that, it would be very much appreciated!!! :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: LF help finding new monitor for my rtx 2080 (Fortnite)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 May 2019, 19:24

Most 240Hz monitors already include VRR (Freesync/G-SYNC).

VRR technologies eliminate stuttering and tearing, see demo at www.testufo.com/vrr

Blur reduction technologies reduce motion blur, mainly good for consistent frame rates, though for your Fortnite gaming which fluctuates a lot in frame rate.

You will have lots of choice.

Monitors like the ASUS XG248, Benq XL2546 and ViewSonic XG2530 will do your game well, amongst many others.

If you play seriously or professionally (esports) you made a gpod choice to go 2080+240Hz. There is a rapidly increasing number of 240Hz monitors. Click the monitor list below for some leads. I bet other forum members will also chime in soon, too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!