MSI Oculux 24.5" NXG252R 0.5ms 240hz now available!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
garetjax

Re: MSI Oculux 24.5" NXG252R 0.5ms 240hz now available!

Post by garetjax » 06 Jun 2019, 15:49

Oops Nevermind didn't realize you said you had the NXG252R - didn't know they were out yet. Supposedly is the .5

https://www.pcgamer.com/msi-announces-r ... -computex/
Last edited by garetjax on 06 Jun 2019, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 06 Jun 2019, 15:55

Azure-XIII wrote:
image1.gif
image2.gif
Congrats on the new monitor! I didn´t buy one myself because it simply doesn´t exist on Europe, so that´s why I never talked about it. Plus, every MSI monitor I tried had always higher input lag than desirable. Same with their motherboards always having higher DPC latencies (even tho I´m using one right now). So is not a brand that excites me a lot. WIth that being said, when the monitor launches on Europe I will for sure try one.

Also I noticed on your image that you are using an wireless mouse. Let me advise you that wireless on 240hz is very bad, because In wireless mode Logitech mice skip a report roughly every 1000 ms, wich isn´t that noticebale on 144hz, but it is on 240hz. This is mouse tester graph showing that:

Azure-XIII

Post by Azure-XIII » 06 Jun 2019, 16:11

Ah, I hadn’t seen that about the wireless logitechs.

I do however switch to a Model O when playing competitively.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 06 Jun 2019, 16:22

Model O is the best mouse I ever tried in my life aswell, altho the shape doesn´t favour my hand that much, but I´m still using it on Quake. Amazing mouse

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 06 Jun 2019, 18:27

Weight 67grams (Matte) and 68 grams (Glossy)
because of her weight, do you like it so much?
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

dogroll

Post by dogroll » 06 Jun 2019, 18:44

Notty_PT wrote:
Azure-XIII wrote:
image1.gif
image2.gif
Congrats on the new monitor! I didn´t buy one myself because it simply doesn´t exist on Europe, so that´s why I never talked about it. Plus, every MSI monitor I tried had always higher input lag than desirable. Same with their motherboards always having higher DPC latencies (even tho I´m using one right now). So is not a brand that excites me a lot. WIth that being said, when the monitor launches on Europe I will for sure try one.

Also I noticed on your image that you are using an wireless mouse. Let me advise you that wireless on 240hz is very bad, because In wireless mode Logitech mice skip a report roughly every 1000 ms, wich isn´t that noticebale on 144hz, but it is on 240hz. This is mouse tester graph showing that:

GPW affected by this?

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 06 Jun 2019, 21:10

1000WATT wrote:Weight 67grams (Matte) and 68 grams (Glossy)

Lightweight, buttons, feet/glide, sensor implementation, software (not intrusive, light), separate buttons from shell, wheel. It´s a masterpiece. But long mice do not fit my hand well, altho I am having great accuracy with it, and altho sometimes I feel uncomfortable because of the lenght, I´m still doing well wich I guess is what matters the most. Now I am excited for CoolerMaster MM710 wich will be even lighter and has a more fingertip friendly shape.
dogroll wrote:
Notty_PT wrote:
Azure-XIII wrote:
image1.gif
image2.gif

GPW affected by this?
Defo yes! Every wireless mice by Logitech is affected by this. Altho be prepared because 99% of the internet will tell you wireless mice are as good as wired one and that there is no difference at all :D

Malinkadink

Post by Malinkadink » 06 Jun 2019, 23:07

Notty_PT wrote:
1000WATT wrote:Weight 67grams (Matte) and 68 grams (Glossy)

Lightweight, buttons, feet/glide, sensor implementation, software (not intrusive, light), separate buttons from shell, wheel. It´s a masterpiece. But long mice do not fit my hand well, altho I am having great accuracy with it, and altho sometimes I feel uncomfortable because of the lenght, I´m still doing well wich I guess is what matters the most. Now I am excited for CoolerMaster MM710 wich will be even lighter and has a more fingertip friendly shape.
dogroll wrote:
Notty_PT wrote:
Azure-XIII wrote:
image1.gif
image2.gif

GPW affected by this?
Defo yes! Every wireless mice by Logitech is affected by this. Altho be prepared because 99% of the internet will tell you wireless mice are as good as wired one and that there is no difference at all :D
You literally post a graph with no sources and claim it as fact. If this was a real huge issue more people would be talking about it and RJN wouldn't have even put the GPW as the #1 mouse in his top 40. How your hardware behaves has a lot to do with your environment ie other wireless signals, as well as your own hardware and respective software installed can all have negative effects on how your input devices behave. You're claiming to notice a difference at 240hz where a mouse updating at 1000 times per second and misses ONE report every second out of 1000 reports per second as a problem? What are you superhuman or just drinking some special juice?

FYI I have a GPW and its the best mouse i've ever had, 80g and 60 hours of battery life i will never go back to anything with a cord. Logitech makes some of the best sensors on the market and invested a ridiculous amount of R&D into the development of this mouse, and it shows. I still compete with the best of the best in Overwatch so moving from a wired Deathadder to this mouse did not affect me negatively in the slightest.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 07 Jun 2019, 03:25

Malinkadink wrote:You literally post a graph with no sources and claim it as fact. If this was a real huge issue more people would be talking about it and RJN wouldn't have even put the GPW as the #1 mouse in his top 40. How your hardware behaves has a lot to do with your environment ie other wireless signals, as well as your own hardware and respective software installed can all have negative effects on how your input devices behave. You're claiming to notice a difference at 240hz where a mouse updating at 1000 times per second and misses ONE report every second out of 1000 reports per second as a problem? What are you superhuman or just drinking some special juice?

FYI I have a GPW and its the best mouse i've ever had, 80g and 60 hours of battery life i will never go back to anything with a cord. Logitech makes some of the best sensors on the market and invested a ridiculous amount of R&D into the development of this mouse, and it shows. I still compete with the best of the best in Overwatch so moving from a wired Deathadder to this mouse did not affect me negatively in the slightest.
This.
Also I've found that my g305 mice started to stutter time from time. Then I disabled 2.4ghz band at phone and issue was fixed. I have close location of: logitech usb receiver (usb dongle), logitech mouse, wifi router, smartphone. These all devices are located at desk in less than 1x1 area and logitech usb receiver (usb dongle) is right in the middle of phone and wifi router.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 07 Jun 2019, 08:41

Malinkadink wrote: You literally post a graph with no sources and claim it as fact.
why do you need a source if you can check it yourself?
703 wireless https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wB4Bo ... gPWerk8l0R
703 cable https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x9SF0 ... -7WLaXWY3m
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.