Sub 1ms monitor list

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
masneb

Sub 1ms monitor list

Post by masneb » 29 May 2019, 22:09

Is there a list available somewhere for this? Also GTG not fakes. Seems like after last winter everything went screwy with delays and rebadging and now it's all over the place. Definitely something I'm looking for, but hard to find reliably.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Sub 1ms monitor list

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jun 2019, 14:05

Few sites test comprehensively enough to have such a list (yet).

Also, response time can be difficult to measure -- numbers published are often averages of a VESA cutoff standard (GtG 10% -> GtG 90%). Given different pixel color combinations can have different pixel response speeds. So one color combo may be 5.9ms for GtG(10%->90%) but 1.4ms for a different GtG color combo. And response-time consistency can vary from screen to screen -- best:worst having a wide spread on some screens (e.g. VA) and tight stpread on others (e.g. well-tuned TN). So a single honest response time benchmark is extremely hard to do -- even for websites such as RTINGS and TFTCentral.

New test methods and display benchmarks are always being invented, so keep tuned to Blur Busters.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 04 Jun 2019, 14:47

imo will be better to have list of upcoming 240hz monitors with newest 0.5ms panels from AUO

masneb

Post by masneb » 05 Jun 2019, 21:50

Yeah, wasn't looking for a 'verified' list as much as GtG manufacturer list. I was trying to find a resource for the new <1ms panels that were supposed to come out last year and into this year, but haven't yet or have been delayed. Some of the old model numbers that were advertised as <1ms are now using a different panel with a slightly different model number as obviously a 1-2ms response time number that matches.

It would be nice if it was verified. Depending on how you want to measure that you probably could do that with an extremely high speed camera (240fps wouldn't be enough) and a program that briefly displays a color image full screen.

If we're talking about the ins and outs of blurriness though, I mentioned image smearing is a big deal which I don't think anyone tests, where pixels never reach their finished state before changing colors again after a refresh leading to a garbled picture. Pretty sure my PG258Q has problems with this where my VG248QE did not. Although higher refreshes lead to it happening more often, why I'm really interested in sub 1ms panels at high refresh rates.
Q83Ia7ta wrote:imo will be better to have list of upcoming 240hz monitors with newest 0.5ms panels from AUO
That's what I was looking for... However assuming other manufacturers come out with sub 1ms panels, I don't care if it's specifically AUO.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 06 Jun 2019, 01:43

When I bought VG258QR,it was the first 0,5 ms I guess.Now a lot of 0,5ms monitors are coming.That is a good sign.More products,less price.:)

Azure-XIII

Post by Azure-XIII » 06 Jun 2019, 08:49

The new MSI NXG252R is 240hz 0.5ms

Edit - I would like to know if this is actually the new panel we have all been waiting to come out.
Last edited by Azure-XIII on 06 Jun 2019, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

ericl

Post by ericl » 06 Jun 2019, 08:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Few sites test comprehensively enough to have such a list (yet).

Also, response time can be difficult to measure -- numbers published are often averages of a VESA cutoff standard (GtG 10% -> GtG 90%). Given different pixel color combinations can have different pixel response speeds. So one color combo may be 5.9ms for GtG(10%->90%) but 1.4ms for a different GtG color combo. And response-time consistency can vary from screen to screen -- best:worst having a wide spread on some screens (e.g. VA) and tight stpread on others (e.g. well-tuned TN). So a single honest response time benchmark is extremely hard to do -- even for websites such as RTINGS and TFTCentral.

New test methods and display benchmarks are always being invented, so keep tuned to Blur Busters.
I agree! While manufacturers smudging the numbers is nothing new, it's very hard to compare the claims (sometimes they don't even write GTG). And even if they do write it on the box, sometimes it's not accurate. I'll take a 3rd party review's numbers before I believe the official manufacturers numbers.

garetjax

Post by garetjax » 06 Jun 2019, 11:08

Azure-XIII wrote:The new MSI NXG252R is 240hz 0.5ms

Edit - I would like to know if this is actually the new panel we have all been waiting to come out.
This article also says its .5

"Moving on to peripherals, MSI will roll out a slightly different edition of its Oculux NXG251R gaming monitor, the NXG252R. The newer model has the same features and specifications as the previous version, but the response time has been reduced to 0.5ms."

https://www.pcgamer.com/msi-announces-r ... -computex/

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 07 Jun 2019, 09:55

Well my Asus XG258Q also advertises 0,5ms and I know for sure it isn´t using any of the new panels, and it doesn´t behave any different from the 1ms ones so... I wouldn´t take that 0,5ms value that serious. Brands now are being more aggressive with it. Asus is releasing a new monitor called ASUS VG248QG wich uses the really old AUO 144hz 24 inch panel, and they state 0,5ms too (lol). So.. as I said, I wouldn´t focus on that.

https://www.asus.com/pt/Monitors/VG248QG/

masneb

Post by masneb » 08 Jun 2019, 08:09

Yup, they are lying or twisting their measurements to get below that 1ms baseline, there are panels that are less then 1ms. Some of the new monitors are using it and advertise that they're using it. That Asus panel has a nice *** next to their .5ms claims.